E2Save cashback vs Carphone Warehouse

Options
Hi,
I have problems getting my last cashback cheque from E2Save.
What happened is that on my bills (received from Carphone Warehouse CW) that I was allowed an upgrade. This was on my bill 10 (of 12 month contract).
I phoned CW and they provided me an upgrade on a lower monthly payment but my previous 12 month contract did not end until 09/09/08. CW started a new contract on 22/08/08 so E2Save now told me that I ended the contract too soon although I did not state to CW that they could start the contract before 09/09/08. CW told me that this is not their problem as I will have to take the cashback issue up with E2Save, they however told me that they will not do anything as I ended the contract too soon. Both E2Save & CW state that they are not aware from each others terms & conditions and do not correspond with each other. However they have a record (CW) from my telephone call with E2Save? Please can someone help me out, I just do not want to write off £90.00 cashback and certainly not since I have mobile, home phone and internet with CW (TalkTalk,...) Thank you.

Comments

• GuideMeMobile
    Options
    You may or may not be aware that E2Save is a web arm of the Carphone Warehouse. So essentially you were upgraded by the same company. It is therefore reasonable to assume they are aware of each others terms and conditions and they do correspond with each other.

To be honest I am quite appalled that they are acting this way.

You should raise a complaint because you have lost out because of the actions of the Carphone Warehouse Group PLC (CW and E2Save also including One Stop Phone Shop). If necessary i would take that complaint to the PLC board.

I don't know how best I can advise you on this but it is going to take a bit of work to get the £90 back. But hopefully it should help being aware that they are part of the Carphone group. Maybe this is one Martin should be made aware of directly.

Let me know if you have found this helpful.

James
  • matrixwolf
    Options
    Hi James,
    Just read your reply, thanks for this.
    I e-mailed both CW & E2Save to complain about this, I also copied in Mr Dunstone @ CW. So far all I got is an automated reply as probably everybody gets once customers complain.
    I have internet, mobile and home phone from CW and pay them quite a lot of money over the year, it is unbelievable how they try to get more money out of their customers' pockets with misleading and deceipt...I will let you know in this thread how I get on because I'm sure I'm not the only customer they rip off. Thanks again.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Try reading the thread on cpw O2 upgrades (and maybe the many long ones on these companies) and you'll find this is well documented. Don't mess around with cashback deals unless you stick totally to the rules - and don't mess around with E2Save full stop.
  • matrixwolf
    Options
    Hi Mobilejunkie, thanks for this. This is not a case of messing about with E2Save and the CW. During my conversation with CW's loyalty Dept, I told them about my contract with E2Save and that the contract could not end until after 09/09/08, so really, it is the CW Group trying to do customers out of the money they are entitled to. I had no problem with the other cashback cheques as I followed their rules but when the contract comes to an end, it seems to me that CW will do their very best to mess up things for you and it does not matter what you tell them when you phone up... they do their own thing! I must also add to this that the bill numbers went suddenly from bill number 9 to bill number 11, I added a note when I send the bill to E2Save to explain why my bill 10 was numbered 11, they paid out the cashback. Just makes you wonder....
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    I repeat; there's absolutely nothing new in any of that as you'd find if you do the research. As for bill numbers, they are irrelevant and always have been - I've had dozens of contracts with them and never even looked at those. E2Save are all about serving up lots of red herrings designed to mislead totally. cpw and E2Save people regularly lie to customers. This has been going on for a long time now!
  • planetf1
    Options
    Most of my e2save cashback claims haven't got paid immediately. However after a few emails they've all always been sorted.

I've had other CPW issues in the past, and escalating the issue has finally got things resolved.

Ok so that wasn't change of contract, and it would have been preferable if they'd got things right to being with, but there's some hope??
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    That was "the past"; this is now. if you read the threads you will quickly see that my warnings of 15 months ago have been fulfilled and I use the phrase "things have changed"...

I NEVER upgrade, despite the temptation. Two of my people have and have been ok - but that was months ago before that side of cpw followed the rest into stuffing the customer territory and telling complete and utter lies. It is increasingly becoming necessary to sue on occassions in order to obtain valid cashback payments and no-one should deal with them based on (good) past experience or without preparing (from Day 0ne) to sue if needbe. If the chamber stops on your contract at the end of its regular spins you'll have to - or kiss goodbye to your money.
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    Options
    Perhaps the Court Costs are now getting too high for them and they are starting to answer people - Oh I have just seen a pig fly past my window!

:eek:
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Actually I do get answers; the answers are just rubbish. Maybe your pigs are better than mine! As for the court costs, I suspect that since they generally disregard their customers nowadays it's reasonable to assume that one department or person also doesn't give a flying (let's call it pig too!) about the costs or consequences in terms of repuatation to any other part of the (hesitate to call it) "organisation". Will be interesting to see how much their increasing stupidity costs them in respect of the claims you and I are now involved in. It is quite plain they have no chance of winning in my case (and I assume yours) so at least they will pay a price for messing us around.
  • matrixwolf
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    Thank you for your post. The e-mail has been send to you today and I look forward to a reply. Very surprised you contacted me this way as I had no replies to me previous e-mails and got no further with my telephone calls to your company. No even a reply after e-mailing Mr C Dunstone about a week ago although I was promised a reply within 1 to 3 days depending to which department you phone/e-mail. I really do hope that CPW together with E2Save, TalkTalk etc will start treating their customers fairly...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure