Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts. - Page 88

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.7K replies 114.7K views

Replies

• rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mhe wrote: »
    MRSM - any chance you could post the reciepe for courgette tea bread please - i think you must have posted it whilst i was on holiday and im rubbish at searching! ...

Mrs MC's Courgette Tea Bread recipe is in post 1060 here
    ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a bit of a traumatic day.Pregnant DD is back with me, so will have to up my GC to £160 a month!!!Got the tesco NOTW voucher today so i'll pop there tomoz for some BOGOFS, and see what DD fancies:o :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    rosieben wrote: »
    Mrs MC's Courgette Tea Bread recipe is in post 1060 here
    ;)

Rosieben - I have noticed that you are very good at letting people know where stuff is and what they should do when starting, you are a great help to people on here so just wanted to saythanx.gif

I haven't been on for a while, just catching up on posts and checking how everyone is getting on - must say though - welcome back to the UK annelouise, hope you're settling back in OK and well done on your woopsie hunts - brilliant

I am just update.gifing my spends - not doing too badly at the moment - am sticking to my mealplans and only shopping for what I need - still have freezers full but will need to top up on some storecupboard stuff I think this weekend, but nothing drastic so should be well within budget.

Spent £60.45 on shopping last week, so over by 45p, but only £33.18 this weekend, so am very happy.

I have however spent £77.80 out of my extras budget as I got some new cooking trays and utensils, new bedding for DS including a new quilt and £16.20 at the dentist, so quite pleased with that as still have £22.20 left if I need anything urgently (hoping nothing will come up so I will make budget...whistling.gif)

Hope everyone else is having a successful September, goodluck2.gifall... am off to update siggy now and then bed now as have work tomorrow... x
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh, Mrs M, booboo.gifjust updated my signature and realised I still had Augusts figures in, which was a 5 week month - could I update to £240 for September please as it is only a 4 week month - I will keep to £100 per month for extras though as this is already put aside.

Thanks and sorry to mess you about thanx.gif
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • victoriajjvictoriajj Forumite
    93 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    disaster, added up weekly spend, ended up £95:eek: instead of the £50 I was trying for. On checking the account the main problem seems to be OH nipping to the supermarket and spending over a £5 a time (he's done this 4 times:mad: )
    Must try harder this week:o

I'm trying to do a signature but can't see how to do it, can somebody help me please
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • puss14puss14 Forumite
    310 posts
    ✭✭
    Victoria
    Go to user CP and then click on edit signature and you can make one:beer:
    Thailand 3010/15000 2015
  • morning everyone just popped in to update my signature.I have a nsd planned for me as im avoiding the shops:D .I hope everyone is well its nice and sunny here in bournemouth so im going to try and tackle my garden later when it dries up a bit

bye for now
  • puss14puss14 Forumite
    310 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi Jackie I also was in my garden today trying to prep up my vegie beds as I have seeds comin up in punnets and want to get them in.

I spent $72 at the supermarket yesterday. Was mad at myself as mixed up the days that the farmers market was on so had to go to supermarket instead:mad:
    Oh well there is one in two weeks time near my friends so I'll go to that one. I've been spending a bit too much this last week so will have to cut back if I am going to meet my groc and nsd challenges:o
    Oh well nsd today:j
    Thailand 3010/15000 2015
  • Can you call the Nursery before you get there and check? Chickenpox can cause miscarriage in the first trimester of pregnancy and breathing problems for newborns if mum gets in the final weeks. I was hospitalised when I caught it when pregnant with DD2. It went into my lungs and everywhere else you could imagine so I was unable to breathe and it was actually agonising. Turns out someone at school whose children would come and give my bump a cuddle when they saw me said, 'Yeah, we had it all just before you did, but because we only had a spot or two, just sent the kids in anyway. Does them good to catch it early.'
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's not as though I had deliberately avoided catching it until that point - DD1 had chickenpox when she was 3 but I just didn't catch it until my immune system was reduced due to pregnancy. Had that 'person' not been bringing her children into school, I probably wouldn't have been in hospital fighting for breath.

DD2's school also have had a couple of children with leukaemia and have sent notes home saying that, as childhood diseases can be fatal for people with reduced immunity, can we keep our kids off school if anyone in the house has an infectious condition?
    DS3 has already had chicken pox(2 years ago) and has been off nursery all summer.All my kids have had chicken pox before. I wouldn't be so irresponsible as to go anywhere or send my children whilst they have anything infectious. Having cancelled all my appointments. As it turns out my DS2 has develped a serious chest infection and so will probably not take DS3 tuesday. My husband can drop him off the rest of the week, as he is working nights. I sent my daughter to school with what I thought was an insect bite, as she showed very little other symptoms. Lucky as her spots develped the school sent her home. The first born who is as fit as a butchers dog has gone to school, this morning.:D Hubby on flexi time. Hope you al have a good week. :)
    Grocery challenge june £300/ £211-50.
    Grocery challenge july £300/£134-85.
  • Just popped in to say Hi :wave: I'm working from home today so must not spend my time on here - if anyone sees me lurking, please shoo me back to my work :rotfl:

I'll pop to MrT at lunchtime to do the weekly shop (I normally go after work on a Monday as there is a big MrT across the road from the office). Kettle is definitely leaking so will need to be replaced :sad: Hopefully I can pick something up at lunchtime.

Finally got our payment from the travel insurers for our cancelled holiday, so need to get that paid into the bank, luckily I can post it so don't need a special trip into town to do that. But now that's arrived, we can finally afford to get the shower in the ensuite replaced - good job we have 2 showers in this house, else we'd have been a bit snookered without it!
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.