MFI - Never Again!

Options
I ordered a 3 drawer (remember this little detail!) Sheridan Chest from MFI and it was delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Before I assembled, it I checked that all the parts and fittings were there and away I went. Then I came to put the drawer fronts on and realised that they were the wrong size - they were about 2 inches too wide. I phoned customer services on 03/11 who re-ordered another three for me and the package was delivered this morning.

I opened the package and although they are the correct ones, they have only sent TWO. So, another phone call to customer services who have just re-ordered another one and said that I should get it within 2-3 working days.

How difficult can it be to place three drawers into a parcel?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

At this rate, it would have been quicker to buy some wood and build the damn thing myself!

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This is the exact same thing that happened to me!

I ordered about 6 items all needed new parts as they were damaged/missing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I bought a chest of drawers from them, and when I came to build it, I realised I had two left side panels instead of a left one and a right one!

I called customer services who apologised and I got the replacement side by courier the following day.

I couldn't praise them enough!
    Here I go again on my own....
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    We once bought a bed from MFI and after a few months one of the bases broke. Despite jumping through all the relevant hoops to get a replacement under nothing happened. We ended up contacting the manufacturer, who said sorry and sorting things out for us.

MFI are useless. Quick to take your money, slow to sort out any problems.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bunch of useless old f@rts...... and then i used Argos..... just as bad, but you have to return the damaged item before they will deliver the new one...

two left sided panels, missing drawer fronts, broken draw surrounds..... it the furniture wasnt so cheap i would go somewhere else...... otherwise the cupboards are great....
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Of course we all know what MFI stands for......More F***ing Idiots.

Ellie
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • liz_uk
    liz_uk Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    Had 4 drawer fronts replaced on my dressing table.

They kept ending me them via standard first class post IN A JIFFY BAG !! They were arriving scratched or chipped.

MFI - never again !
    Debt Free Jan 2010!
    (Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport