Canon EOS 350D (Digital SLR) for £424.95 [CLOSED]

Options

Comments

• mking007
    mking007 Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i emailed currys too couple of days ago but was told they would be expecting them back in a week. ??
  • Mr_Gordon_2
    Options
    mking007 wrote:
    i emailed currys too couple of days ago but was told they would be expecting them back in a week. ??

Ah, so there's hope! That's good.

I wish customer service departments would stick to the same story when you contact them.
  • abomb1969
    Options
    egg cashback now 5%.
    This signature is not mine!
  • Howdie
    Howdie Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    abomb1969 wrote:
    egg cashback now 5%.

FYI if you order this using Egg Money (mastercard) from Currys you will qualify for a 10% rebate from egg money and £100 cashback from Canon.

http://www.canonmastercardpromotion.com/

If you just use your Egg Card (visa) you will only qualify for 5% rebate from egg card and NOT the £100 cashback from Canon which is in conjunction with Mastercard.

After all rebates/discounts the price you should actually pay is £368.00 and not £424 as the title suggests.
  • abomb1969
    Options
    phew I stand corrected 10% it is, as soon as they are in stock I am buying one. I noticed that the body is on sale for £579 and in stock at Currys:

CANON EOS350D Digital Camera 140537

currys price £579.89

The Nikon D50 has a bit less resolution @ 6mp but seems a bit better built, but this is out of stock too otherwise I might have bought it.

The standard lens supplied with this camera is a 18-55mm, and this is not terribly good. I have been recommended a Sigma 55-200mm there is one in the USA on ebay for about £100 plus duty. Would the Sigma auto focus or be manual focus only?

Cmon Currys back in stock soon.
    This signature is not mine!
  • Mr_Gordon_2
    Options
    The Egg Mastercard you need for this offer, is this the standard Egg card you'll receive when you apply online? I've look at the site and it seems to show a visa card and doesn't mention the blue/money one.

I'm thinking of applying as this seems a very good offer if they do get them back in stock, but don't want to end up with a card I can't use. I've emailed egg on this, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks.
  • Howdie
    Howdie Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    I can't get egg money as I'm a student with little/no credit history.. my student mastercard has a credit limit of £500 and I still want this camera? Any ideas??
  • mking007
    mking007 Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    put money into your mastercard so your in credit then buy it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure