Add E-Mail Addresses to Outlook Express

Options
My ISP is Plus.net where I have three different e-mail addresses for differing uses.

Previously went over to Mozilla, but did not like it. I had difficulty in creating different e-mail addresses in Mozilla, and that combined with other niggles means that I now wish to transfer all of this over to Outlook Express where I have my main e-mail address already working. I have managed to stop Mozilla being my default e-mail, but I need those other two e-addresses.

How do I create the two other e-mail addresses (which I already have set up in Plus.net) within Outlook Express?

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    under the file menu you can create identities, when you have more than 1 you get a box when you open OE asking which you want use.
    This way keeps all your mail seperate for each account
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    Loobeylou wrote:
    How do I create the two other e-mail addresses (which I already have set up in Plus.net) within Outlook Express?

Either do as Schemeing_gypsy says if you want to keep them seperate or go to tools, options, accounts, add, email account, input the server details (it'll be pop.plus.net or mail.plus.net, you can find out which by looking at the email account that is already set up) and away you go.
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • Loobeylou
    Loobeylou Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks to those who have responded.

Is there a way of having all three identies/e-mails all coming into the same account? I don't want them to be separate accounts if I can help it. I want to be able to press "create mail" and then be able to pick which one of the e-mails I send from from a drop down.

Ease of use and simple is what I am after.
  • Chippy_Minton
    Options
    Doing what Safesound said will make all the emails you receive go into the same Outlook account, and when you create a new email, you can choose which email address to send it from in exactly the way you say.
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How can I seperate my accounts in Outlook, I currently have my ntlworld account and Uni account going into one folder but want to seperate them so they go in seperate folders?

I have got my Hotmail account setup in Outlook and that goes into a seperate folder.
  • -TangleFoot-
    -TangleFoot- Posts: 4,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fayraz wrote:
    I currently have my ntlworld account and Uni account going into one folder but want to seperate them so they go in seperate folders
    Note: the process outlined below applies to Outlook Express. The precise method may be slightly different in Microsoft Outlook.

First, you'll need to set up a few sub-folders within the Inbox; just right-click it and select New Folder. Once you've got one for each mail account, you can set up some rules to have them transferred to those folders automatically.

Go to Tools>Message Rules>Mail to start the New Mail Rule wizard:
    1. In the first box, scroll down and check the box marked 'Where the message is from the specified account'.
    2. In the second box, check the box marked 'Move it to the specified folder'.
    3. In the third box, click on each of the underlined words 'specified', and select whichever options you wish.
    4. Give the new mail rule a name, and click OK.
    Repeat steps 1-4 for each mail account.
  • safesound
    Options
    fayraz wrote:
    How can I seperate my accounts in Outlook, I currently have my ntlworld account and Uni account going into one folder but want to seperate them so they go in seperate folders?

I have got my Hotmail account setup in Outlook and that goes into a seperate folder.

Create a rule that says if the mail is received through x account send it to a specific folder.
    Right click 'local folders' (above inbox) and create a new folder, name it uni or ntl or whatever. Then go to:
    Tools, message rules, mail, tick 'where message is from a specified account', tick move to this folder. click the highlighted word 'specified' and choose the account you want to go into the new folder. Then click the highlighted word 'this' and choose the new folder. Test it by sending yourself an email to the moved account.
  • safesound
    Options
    First, you'll need to set up a few sub-folders within the Inbox

SNAP!!!

:D
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    fayraz wrote:

by seperate folder do you mean an actual folder within the same inbox or do you mean when going into Outlook you can choose Hotmail or the other account?
  • Loobeylou
    Loobeylou Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    OK, sorry to be a nuisance, but further messages to this thread have got me thinking. So, lets swing this around a little. I have Outlook Express.

I also Outlook 97 where I have all my names/addresses etc.

If I wanted to bring all my e-mail into Outlook 97, create three different e-mail addresses, have all coming into the same box and be able to choose which e-mail address I wish to send from using a drop down, how would I do that.

My thinking behind this is that it would make sense to have everything under one umbrella rather than having to open various programmes.

Any help really useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport