my partners grumpy xmas attitude!

Options

Comments

• rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    I see your point of view S_G, although not all men hate shopping  :-/  however the point is that these are his 3 kids too and whether he likes to shop or not, he really should have been prepared to make an effort for them if nothing else.
    I love shopping normally I guess like most women but i hate christmas shopping cos of all the crazyness surrounding it, however i make a special effort because of my kids, like most parents probably do.

ps. after reading what shes said about the whole situation, it doesn't sound like he would have been happy to pick her up either had she gone off herself, I apologise if this is wrong, :-/
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your hubby sounds like a carbon copy of my first .......................my advice ,leave him ,your not happy and the kids will not thank you in the long run if you stay and they are raised in a home where you ,their mother is unhappy :-/
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    Sounds like my old man n'all... hence my first post.
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    Let us know how you are Peakma ;)

Some good advice on here from people who have been through the same thing. :-* :-* :-* :-*

Oh, apart from s_g, he's just here to ermmm..liven things up ;) He's a big softy really...a little squishy wishy cutie pie ;)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• scheming_gypsy
    Options
    but my dad was the same.. my mum decorated when 8 months pregnant with no help.
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    but my dad was the same.. my mum decorated when 8 months pregnant with no help.

:(

It's a good point. The children do pick up on tensions and if they're old enough, they remember.

The best thing I ever did was to leave my ex-husband. Not just for myself but for my daughter.

My daughter was only 21 months but she had begun picking up on the tension in the house. I'm just glad that I didn't stick around for a few more years. Thankfully she can't remember it now.

Then againg s_g, lots of pregnant women do daft things like decorating, cleaning, tidying out rooms and cupboards etc. I built wardrobes, stripped the wallpaper off several rooms and found myself moving a washing machine at 8 months pregnant ::) Not because my O/H was horrid but because I wanted to and he couldn't stop me :-/ (I always knew my limits though)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• scheming_gypsy
    Options
    nah, my mum and dad had just moved and my dad was useless and wouldn't know one end of a paint brush from a pony. Instead of trying he just didn't bother..

loads more stuff as well but i can't be arsed going into it.... you know me.. ::)
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lots of pregnant women do daft things like decorating, cleaning, tidying out rooms and cupboards etc. I built wardrobes, stripped the wallpaper off several rooms and found myself moving a washing machine at 8 months pregnant  ::)
    I suddenly became superwoman while pregnant,never had as much energy ;D
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I suddenly became superwoman while pregnant,never had as much energy  ;D
    Me too.
    I went into labour then attended a funeral, went shopping with son, carried him on the bus home, cleaned like a mad woman then walked to my mum's house and had the baby there. After she was born the midwife went off to sort out paperwork, came back 2 hours later to find I'd changed the bed and was sat downstairs having a cuppa ;D
    Bulletproof
  • Peakma
    Peakma Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses.I haven't got time to write much now as the house truely is a tip, and I've got a 6yr old b'day party to sort out for tommorrow.
    When I started this thread, I didnt actually intend to have such a huge moan about my partner, it was just going to be light hearted xmas grumps!Anyway it just kind of rolled out of me, and I felt a lot better for letting it all out,I wasn't going to post it, don't want to get a reputation for being a big whinge bag!But I often write things down , and hide them away, so thought it would be useful to hear other peoples views,thankyou for taking the time to give me such helpful feed back.
    I did manage to drag him to town for a couple of hours, after procrastinating the morning away,including losing the car keys for half an hour(I think this was genuine!)
    He was a lot less mardy than I had anticipated.Really grumpy on sunday though,and slept half the day.
    I do think he's pretty depressed(I know this sounds harsh but I just dont have time to be depressed)He's working as a joiner at the moment which he finds really boring.He's realy intelligent and his general knowledge is mind blowing..He Would be a lot happier if he was designing things( He really could of been anything from working for nasa to being a brain surgeon if he'd followed the right paths), but he doesn't push himself, and if try to encourage him it's constituted as nagging.And to be fair I'm not that sypathetic to his feelings. We seem to go round in circles of getting on ok, and almost letting the marriage idea in,to bickering about nothing, and feeling like splitting up is the only way.
    I do think people seem to split up too easily these days,with out really trying to sort everything out,as often relationships come through hard times stronger than ever.
    The question of how will I feel when I'm old , I do ask myself, and don't know the answer.
    Anyway must go sort the house out now.thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure