megabus complaint

Options

Comments

• hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    if you complain you might get some free tickets!
  • jadeyandcoke
    Options
    if you complain you might get some free tickets!

i sent of my email of complaint last night, and had a reply this morning saying they were very sorry for my inconvenience and that my email had been passed onto the complaints dept. to be investigated and that i'd hear from them soon.
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    e still payed nearly £90 each for the coach tickets!
    Can't imagine someone paid that much to Megabus! They are suitable mostly for students of people who are on a very tight budget. I did take rides on them but never paid more than £3 for my journey.

Megabus is cheap for this reason. I've heard numerous complaints about them. Nowadays I'll avoid them at all cost.

I reckon even flight would have been cheaper.
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • jadeyandcoke
    Options
    movilogo wrote: »
    Can't imagine someone paid that much to Megabus! They are suitable mostly for students of people who are on a very tight budget. I did take rides on them but never paid more than £3 for my journey.

Megabus is cheap for this reason. I've heard numerous complaints about them. Nowadays I'll avoid them at all cost.

I reckon even flight would have been cheaper.

we paid £45 each way, even though we booked nearly 6 weeks ago, and it was between £125 and £175.99 to fly to Aberdeen from London (plus fare to get to and from the airport on both sides), because as students (well OH has just graduated) we are on tight budget and couldn't stretch to that much, when other costs like hotel, outfits and wedding present are included. 'Tis a fun life, but i at least expected a toilet and maybe a couple of comfort stops during this mammoth 14 hour journey, and we were still 90 minutes late into Aberdeen because of all the kerfuffle with the buses!
  • Samarah
    Options
    Can not believe the service I received Sunday 17 July 18.05 journey from Coventry to Victoria London. The bus stank to high heaven of urine, the driver didn't open any windows or sun roof, to my shock & discussed when we reached Victoria various cases including mine were Coverdale in urine leakig from the toilet, my suitcase has bn distroyed in colour, luckily as far as I can tell it didn't leak thru the top of the case to my belongings. I am so furious & discusted with the service I'm looking into taking legal action & making a full complaint.
  • Livingthedream
    Livingthedream Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Samarah wrote: »
    Can not believe the service I received Sunday 17 July 18.05 journey from Coventry to Victoria London. The bus stank to high heaven of urine, the driver didn't open any windows or sun roof, to my shock & discussed when we reached Victoria various cases including mine were Coverdale in urine leakig from the toilet, my suitcase has bn distroyed in colour, luckily as far as I can tell it didn't leak thru the top of the case to my belongings. I am so furious & discusted with the service I'm looking into taking legal action & making a full complaint.

Before starting to waste money on legal action, send Megabus a letter of complaint, state how disappointed with the service you received and how via a fault of their bus company your personnel possessions were damaged. Keep the letter professional and don't slate/swear at them.

Enclose all references to your journey ie booking ref numbers and the time/date of your service. If at all possible enclose a picture of the damage done to your suitcase and if you have one a receipt for the purchase price.

If your not happy with their reply or they don't reply then start proceedings through a small claim court.

Good luck.

Customer Services
    megabus.com/megatrain.com
    Buchanan Bus Station
    Killermont St
    Glasgow
    G2 3NW
    Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view
  • luke6569
    Options
    Anyone had any luck with megabus complaints?

I submitted a claim for a similar incident (toilet leaked onto my stuff; got a list of all the damaged stuff signed by GMPTE station manager and megabus station supervisor) on 4th July and the last I heard was in september when they were waiting on a drivers report?

Really poor service in my opinion! Rather than just compensating for the damage and then waiting for their own insurance pay them back it seems like they want me to deal with their insurance company; can they really do this?
  • londonTiger
    londonTiger Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    edited 25 November 2011 at 9:10PM
    Options
    no, i failed my driving test two weeks ago. it was originally the plan for me to drive up there, but spread the journey over two days with a stop in a hotel overnight inbetween.

well to be honest, such a long journey probably would have been a bad idea for a first time driver.

Motorways in general a daunting for new drivers, add to that you have no experience of being behind the wheel for 8+ hours at a time, most new drivers only have experience of driving up to 2 hours at most.

Add to that, new drivers can mess up the transmission by driving on the wrong gear etc..

It would have been abvisable to take public transport even if you were to pass.

With regards to megabus you get what you pay for, I remember taking a coach to whales for just £1. London to Whales that is.

I'm sure I probably spent way more on fuel per head than £1.

When a company operates at such low margins, they make cutbacks on things you don't see like backup vehicles, and mod cons like toilet facilities etc. You can complain, but is it worth your time to pursue a refund on your £5 coach journey?
  • Livingthedream
    Options
    luke6569 wrote: »

I submitted a claim for a similar incident (toilet leaked onto my stuff; got a list of all the damaged stuff signed by GMPTE station manager and megabus station supervisor) on 4th July and the last I heard was in september when they were waiting on a drivers report?

Really poor service in my opinion! Rather than just compensating for the damage and then waiting for their own insurance pay them back it seems like they want me to deal with their insurance company; can they really do this?

Seeing that it's now the end of November and you complained about an incident in July, my gut feeling is that their hoping that you have totally forgotten about the incident or can't be arsed in taking it further, basically calling your bluff. IMHO you have 3 options;

1. Write it off and move on.
    2. Complain again and wait another 6 months for a reply.
    3. Small claims court action you can even do this online and I'm sure you'll get a reply from Megabus then.
    Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    luke6569 wrote: »
    We don't know! As you vcan see two people in this thread complained and never came back here to tell us what happened. Which is a bit pointless really isn't it. A forum is about sharing knowledge, if people don't make an effort and share it all becomes rather pathetic and pointless.

Yours is the most complete story so far , but still unfinished, hopefully you will write them again and let us know what happens.... you could always state in your letter that you will consider legal action if you continue to hear nothing from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure