We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Strange behaviour by a buyer.

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,657 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    indiegirl wrote:
    Really? I thought that eBay removed listings after 90 days, therefore rendering the listing as 'complete'.

I'm sure I read that you have 90 days to leave feedback... might be wrong though :confused:
    Well I can still see the listing for an item I bought on the 14th May!!

It does become more difficult to leave feedback after 90 days, but it is still possible.
  • richto
    richto Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NO it isnt. You cant leave new feedback after 90 days. Only followups to existing feedbacks.

If I think a buyer is likely to retaliate I diary it for 89 days in Outlook. Otherwise I do it straight away (usully to those that dont reply at all to the UID)
  • masonic
    Options
    richto wrote:
    NO it isnt. You cant leave new feedback after 90 days. Only followups to existing feedbacks.

If I think a buyer is likely to retaliate I diary it for 89 days in Outlook. Otherwise I do it straight away (usully to those that dont reply at all to the UID)
    Oh, then I suppose biblejohn and soolin were lying in this thread then?
  • buggu
    buggu Posts: 456 Forumite
    Options
    richto wrote:

Thats what i thought, since it does state you need to leave a feedback within 90 days. As for a response to a negative feedback left,i guess that could be done whenever you want.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,399 Ambassador
    Options
    richto wrote:

Sometimes it is possible to leave feedback after 90 days if you know how, although every now and then you come across an auction where the 90+ option doesn't work. I think it all depends when ebay clear their cache.

The 90 day rule is when the item disappears from your feedback page, after that it is more difficult to leave feedback and a lot of people rely on the other party not knowing how to do it.

I certainly have left feedback after day 90.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wolvesinwales
    Options
    Here's an update to what has happened so far :

I reported it as unpaid he replied with :

s.gifhi matte,i emailed yyyou explaining why i havent paid for this item,i do appologise,can we agreea mutual dispute?

I Replied :
    I agree you e mailed me saying why you would not go ahead, but checking your feedback i see that you have since bought the same game from someone else !I want all my e bay fees back for the listing.

He replied : no actually, my sisterr used my acccount to buy it for my birthday,then when you put in an unpaid iteem strike i found out what my present was,so thanx.can we not agree a mutual dispute? how much were the listing fees? 50p?

I have checked bid times and they were both within 20 seconds of each other so i am pretty sure he is lying, what do you suggest i should do, just leave it, can he leave me negative if he hasn't paid ?
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,399 Ambassador
    Options
    Whatever you do don't file a mutual NPB as your buyer can tick the wrong box and you lose your FVFs and he gets no strike.

Your options are to either ask for your listing fees to be paid say within 48 hours and only then start the 'mutual' process. Or, just say that you always follow the ebay guidleines in these circumstances and therefore have no option other than to go through the NPB process, then go for a full NPB. YOu will get your FVFs back and the buyer will get a strike but the good thing is that he can't stop that process.

Either way he can still leave you feedback. Although, at some date this month the feedback rules change and from that date buyers who do not respond to a NPB dispute lose the baility to leave feedback for that transaction.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • masonic
    Options
    So he expects you to believe his sister used HIS ebay account to buy his birthday present at the same time he was actively using it and he is now disappointed with you for ruining the suprise??!! :rolleyes:

I would do as Soo says and I would politely inform him that you have already set the wheels in motion. This person needs to learn to bid on one item at a time.
  • Kaminari_2
    Options
    I think the main thing we are forgetting is that when he won with the highest bid he entered into contract to buy the item at that price. It is irrelevant if his sister bought him a copy or he got a copy for his b’day or if he won another copy in another auction. When he won with the highest bid he entered a binding contract to complete the transaction irrelevant of other circumstances.
  • wolvesinwales
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful comments and tips. I am certainly going to follow it through mainly because he is trying to lie his way out of it and to then try to blame me for ruining his birthday surprise is ludicrous ! if he had e mailed me in the first place and explained he had bid on two and was in a predicament i might well have just accepted it.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family