Strange behaviour by a buyer.

Options
A brand new Pro Evolution PS2 game i listed was won by someone with decent feedback for £26.95 incl postage.
He e mailed me the next day to say it was his birthday and that someone had now bought him a copy so he would not be buying mine. I left him negative feedback but checked his other feedback and found that he has since bought a used copy of the game from someone else for £26.70 total and received good feedback for fast payment !

How strange !
WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
Blimey what was that ?
That was your life mate
Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
Sorry mate only one per person.

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't mean anything nasty by this but have you got any negatives on your account? If you have he may have seen them and changed his mind. Other than that who knows? :confused:
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • wolvesinwales
    Options
    I have 420 100% positive, person he has now bought off has 98.3 %
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well who knows then? Perhaps he realised he couldnt afford it at the time :confused:
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,519 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How strange indeed. And hardly worth a neg and the strike on his account he will get from the NBP you will have filed against him.
  • bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    probably put a bid on two items and didnt expect to win both, it's happened to me a couple of times, i usually re-ebay the item and ask the bloke to send to a different address - the address of my winner!, sometimes i loose, sometimes I gain
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • SaraSeahorse
    Options
    non paying bidder

thing about birthday, stupid excuse

worth a negative
    Baby Milk Action is a non-profit organisation which aims to save lives and to end the avoidable suffering caused by inappropriate infant feeding.
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    non paying bidder

thing about birthday, stupid excuse

worth a negative

Trouble with leaving negative remarks is they will ruin yours by retaliating dispite being in the wrong.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahh, but that's where you should (usually) use the 89/90 day rule... wait until the 89th/90th day (I usually do mine on the 89th just in case), leave a neg, and nine times out of ten they're not expecting it... or don't check their account in time to retort with a neg ;)

Probably totally against eBay's rules, and rather immoral, but a NPB deserves all they get (evil, moi?!)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,519 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    indiegirl wrote:
    Ahh, but that's where you should (usually) use the 89/90 day rule... wait until the 89th/90th day (I usually do mine on the 89th just in case), leave a neg, and nine times out of ten they're not expecting it... or don't check their account in time to retort with a neg ;)

Probably totally against eBay's rules, and rather immoral, but a NPB deserves all they get (evil, moi?!)
    Don't rely on that. All you need is a record of the item number and user id and you can leave feedback whenever you like. Those can be obtained from the neg that's received.
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really? I thought that eBay removed listings after 90 days, therefore rendering the listing as 'complete'.

I'm sure I read that you have 90 days to leave feedback... might be wrong though :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure