A payment a day............

Options

Comments

• SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    Happy NYE everyone!:beer: Champagne in the fridge ready for tonight, just me and OH and the tv tonight - I'll be happy, no doubt OH will be bored and is only staying in out of obligation....

Anywho, £2.24 paid off the Skycard today... and somehow I have managed to overpay the Egg card and it now has a positive balance of £23.06! Not sure what to do with that... might just leave it for now, can't spend it as the card is in 4 pieces!

The other thoughht I had (only have 2/3 per day!) is.... how much in admin costs are we costing the banks with our daily payments of a couple of £1's... I wonder if anyone out there works for a bank and knows how much it costs to process and bacs payment.... answers on a postcard to the usual address!
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • 39forever
    Options
    Hi all
    Happy New Year :beer:

Kick started my PAD with a bang - cut up the CC! Bit drastic I know, but it had to be done!

Usual minimum by direct debit yesterday and an extra £7 whole pounds today (for the week till I figure out to do it on the internet) - then they can have £1 a day. I plan on being as annoying as possible to make up for all those late/over the limit fees!

Have a good one everyone
    01/02/2009
    Royal Bank of Scotland [strike]£3925.45 [/strike] £3837.30(Car Loan). First Direct (Consolidation) [strike]£2025[/strike].£1856.23 BanK of Mum and Dad £1783. Tesco Credit Card [strike]£999[/strike]. £985.00 Payday Advance £[strike]800/strike, £600. Overdraft £350.00. Next Directory £47.00.
    Total: £9458.53
  • frasersmum123
    Options
    Hiya everyone

Feeling really down about my debts today (I know we all get those days!) and just feel like there is no way out at the moment.

But Ho Hum! £10 to Capital One today xxx
    Moving on up :o SPC #382 ~ £40 banked
    12k in 2016 #15. £541.91/£3000
  • frasersmum123
    Options
    Oh, and happy NYE to everyone xxx
    Moving on up :o SPC #382 ~ £40 banked
    12k in 2016 #15. £541.91/£3000
  • tomtombeanie
    Options
    Feeling really down about my debts today (I know we all get those days!) and just feel like there is no way out at the moment.

allow yourself a little indulgent wallow, then check out your signature - look how well you've done already in such a short space of time! xx
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello peeps ....

85xawr8_th.jpg

Maisie M - Sorry to hear that you are feeling " grotty " ...... Hope you feel better soon 36588.gif ....

Hopeful1 - I think it's a great idea for emily or someone who's up early to open a new thread for the New Year ...... This one is really long now and sometimes takes a while to open happy-144.gif ....

COOLTRIKERCHICK - Well done on your scratchcard winnings .....Love the mention of The hare and the tortoise story .....although my debts seem to be just plodding along , more tortoise 34234.gif than hare 16858.gif ! ......

katie2407 - Here's hoping that 2009 will be a better year for both you and your family crossfingers.gif..... Very sorry to hear that your son has Parkinsons Disease , it must be very hard for him ......Hopefully your other son will get a job offer very soon th_4leafclover.jpg ....

Greenbynature - Oooooooh what a lovely DS2 you must have ......buying you a laptop for Christmas 68.gif.... that's really nice .......He's not looking for an older woman to spoil is he 2zxv7s3_th.jpg ? ! ..... I'm still single at the moment !! ....... Having said that our lives seem to be " mirrored " at the moment , my ex is meant to be coming around tonight as well ..... Haven't seen him since we split up ...... am not sure what i want at the moment either .....
    dankosheema - Enjoy cooking your polish treats this afternoon 38488.gif.....What are you cooking ? We have got a lovely polish family that live downstairs and they always spend alot of time cooking ,when i open a cupboard in my hall i can smell the most yummy cooking smells .....Sounds weird i know .....but i can't describe the smells but it really makes you feel hungry .....I'll have to ask her next time i see her !

njk0327 - Have a great time at the party at your mums 1312.gif....

duchy - Hi .... Well done on clearing your Vanquis ...... You must be really chuffed happy-093.gif......
    SarahNeedle1872 - Well done on clearing your Egg card 6tawbqs_th.jpg ...... It must feel very strange to be in Credit with a credit card ! ..... I'm sorry , but you did make me smile when you said you said that you couln't spend it because you had cut the card into 4 pieces ......

frasersmum123 - Sorry to hear that you are feeling " down " today ...... but you really shouldn't .....Looking at your sig you have paid off a WHOPPING £779.96 since the 4th of Nov 14lhedy_th.jpg ..... You should feel proud of yourself ..... that's " one hell of an amount " ......Well Done ....

Here's my Good and Bad for today ....

The Good - Added £3 to my pot ....

The Bad - It's a CHOCCY Free day here today ....

Hope you all have a lovely New Years Eve ......s3entf_th.jpg
    I'll no doubt pop back on here later , to make sure i haven't missed any gossip ! a-wink.gif

Catch you all later ....
    shineysmile.gif
    terri x t5kora_th.jpg
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • littleangels3
    Options
    Another £1 paid to my cc today, every little helps.
    #18 Weekly savings challenge 2015(£220.80-£1378)
    #100-£365 in 365 days challenge 2015 (£62-365)
    #203-Sealed pot challenge 8-2015 (£7.50-£100)
    Payment a day 2015- (£151) Xmas park savings £68
    #70 £10-£1000 Emergency Fund Member
    #62 £2 savers Club Member- £34
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    happy new year's eve everyone!

a pound from me and another no spend day - freezing fog and lethargy have combined to make it a stay indoors kind of day!

xx tomtombeanie

We did have the smallest sprinkling of snow though amongst the freezing fog! It looked more like icing sugar but pretty cool non the less!

:beer: Have a cracker everyone!! :beer:

xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
  • almar_2
    almar_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    0512-0706-2501-1823.jpg
    Happy New Year

Champagnes in the fridge
    Ive cleared my fifty plus catalogue.

Cheers everyone.

almar xx
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    either .....
    dankosheema - Enjoy cooking your polish treats this afternoon 38488.gif.....What are you cooking ? We have got a lovely polish family that live downstairs and they always spend alot of time cooking ,when i open a cupboard in my hall i can smell the most yummy cooking smells .....Sounds weird i know .....but i can't describe the smells but it really makes you feel hungry .....I'll have to ask her next time i see her !

:hello: I'm coming down to yours! :D I've been making lots of lovely pierogi (I've counted and there's 36 of them haha)! I've filled them with potato, onion and soft cheese so with a bit of sour cream when they're cooked and a couple of wibirowa's (vodka) later it's all good! MMMM!

We're staying in tonight, cheaper night all round but we've got plenty of booze and food in!! :beer: So we'll be sorted for 11pm (Polish New Year) and then on for midnight for us!! Knowing me I'll be asleep on the couch before then! :rotfl:

Have a fab night Terri! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! :j xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure