Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Options

Comments

• liquidlives
    Options
    I complained to TFL last month, got a response after a few weeks saying they'd send me a £4 travel voucher and it finally arrived today!
  • Debt_Free_Dreamer
    Options
    I complained to Baby Dan about a musical rocking baby chair which broke. Very sad as my first daughter loved it. Would not work for the second when it came out of the loft.

However I wrote and told them about the chair, but also said I loved Baby Dan products and especially their Baby Dan Den. (Play Pen). I told them what I really wanted, was the tent for the girls, as the second daughter was now too old to go in the rocking chair. I also pointed out we had spent loads of money on batteries (which we had)

Anyway, the very very kind man at Baby Dan sent us one for free (Play Tent). £45 worth, so I was very very happy.

Just goes to show that a complaint, combined with a compliment and with a statement of what you actually want to get back, you are more likely to achieve the outcome you want. :j
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
  • Debt_Free_Dreamer
    Options
    My other complaint was to Butlins when the accomodation was so bad we just came home. Again I wrote and said we would come back later in the year, but I wanted a discount on our next holiday. I actually 'googled' to find out who the Director of the company was and wrote to him direct. It does not give his name on the website, so I had to read a load of reports I found.

Anyway, we received a voucher for 25% off our next holiday, which we used for 1 weeks holiday in the Summer Term. The 25% value off was much greater than the total value of the original holiday. So again, I was very happy.

So my formula again is Complain, Compliment, State What You Want.....
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have just looked at the Proctor & Gamble website. They are not providing samples or vouchers at present but you can be added to their mailing list for any future items by calling 0800 015 7462 - open 8-8 weekdays.
    I shall be phoning them tomorrow to register.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I recently had a lot of problems with BT (like a load of other people I see!) which basically meant I spent hours on the phone to them and was basically being lied to for most of the time. They would tell me a particular plan was/wasn't on a contract depending on which person I spoke to and they would tell me letters had been sent to me when they had not. My main problems came when I tried to find out my account number. They said they could not tell me over the phone for security, which I understand, so I asked if they could email it to the account holder. They said this wasn't secure enough either and they could only do it by post. (Why is post more secure? You don't need a password to open someone else's post!) They said that they could send a bill to a different address to the one I currently had, but they didn't ask me any security questions to do so! Then it turned out that they hadn't sent the bill at all! :mad: I eventually had to call my bank to find out the account number - why can my bank tell me my BT account number over the phone but BT cannot?! :confused:

Anyway, I called up their customer services and complained, but got a pretty weak apology so I decided to write to someone high up. The BT CEO is Ian Livingston, so I sent him an email, explaining all my problems and asking for something to be done. I will not give his email here, but you can find it on other sites. Within 10 minutes or so, he had forwarded it to John Petter who is the Chief Operating Officer and by the next morning I had an email from the Executive Complaint Management Team offering me £30 worth of vouchers for various things, Pizza Hut, Waterstones, HMV, theme parks etc. All in all a satisfactory outcome, and it just shows what going high up with your complaints can do.

I recommend anyone who has had problems with BT to go high up rather than call one of the call centres. You don't have to have a fancy email arguing your point, just explain what has happened and that you feel you deserve better.

Of course, better service would be better than a few free pizzas, but hey. Hoepfully they'll be better in the future.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The voucher from Andrex arrived yesterday (£2) & today another £2 from Mr Kipling for saying I liked his bakewell tarts!
    I also registered with Proctor & Gamble today - very pleasant assistant & very fast.
    Now have to decide who will be my next supplier to compliment!
  • WATTY1978
    WATTY1978 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,does anybody know how to contact Thierry Mugler by e-mail? Thanx!

Hi, Thierry Mugler have what they call 'a circle' you can either join this throguh their website or when you buy Angel or other products you get a pretty little blue envelope in the pack with all the joining details on. Think there is an email for their customer services on there too though if you are after freebies you are better getting friendly with the lady running your local TM counter! Ours is lovely.

i have been a fan since it forst come out and they really do value you as a customer but i do collect points in store everytime i buy somethign so it may have something to do with that. Though they are not so generous with the freebies anymore but good if you are a fan because they send out lots of promo info and special offers from time to time which i collect.
    :)
  • liquidlives
    Options
    Got a reply from Andrex which included this:
    In answer to your inquiry, we do not have a program for sending product vouchers or samples on request. However, you may want to watch for special offers which are advertised in your local shop, in magazines, or on our website from time to time. Occasionally, you will also find price discounts and other offers advertised on our packages.

Shame. :huh:
  • MRS_TO_BE_2
    Options
    can you PM me the email address for BT please can need to take a missold contract further. Cheers
  • July1962
    July1962 Posts: 910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I emailed companies regarding products I actually use, saying how much I like it / how I prefer it to other brands / etc..

Several sent replies via email, thanking me for taking the time to compliment their product.

The postman has so far brought me:

A voucher for 200g pack of Cathedral City cheese,
    A voucher for a Hovis product,
    £2 off Quorn products,
    £3 Andrex vouchers,
    £3 Flora vouchers
    £3 Ovaltine vouchers.

I'd like to stress that I only email companies of products that I genuinely use and that I like.
    It's nice to be important.....but it's more important to be nice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure