Cheap Airport Parking: Birmingham / E Midlands Airports hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• burtonj8
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. It a shame it's only valid on the long stay car park. Grrrr....

Any more codes out there for the short stay??

Thanks all.
  • jogary
    Options
    The form for booking car parking at East Midlands airport now has a 'promo code' field for entering discounts but I can't seem to find any valid codes for entry.

Does anyone know of any valid promo codes?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    jogary wrote: »
    The form for booking car parking at East Midlands airport now has a 'promo code' field for entering discounts but I can't seem to find any valid codes for entry.

Does anyone know of any valid promo codes?

I have never found one, I use EMA a lot.
  • burtonj8
    Options
    Im still looking for an NCP code, that will work in the short stay car park at Birmingham airport. I need to book by wednesday ....

Please help!!!!

:)
  • burtonj8
    burtonj8 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2009 at 11:42AM
    Options
    OK - No luck with the promotional codes, but I did manage to find a deal for the short stay, that works out cheaper than online.

They have a deal on for 8 days for £66 (8 days exactly! - put in 8 days and 1 hr and it charges you £99 which is the normal online rate for 9 days!)

I rang customer services and asked what happens if I book the deal, and the flight is delayed, or I go over the 8 days? Worst case scenario - you have to pay for an additional day at full rate (£19 a day), or best case they may just charge you for the additional hours.

Either way is a winnner ... £66 + £19 = £85 saving £14 off the best online rate.

To get this rate, you need to book online otherwise there is a £2.50 telephone booking charge.

Hope this helps someone.:beer:
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    Try putting in 15 days, it quotes £79.99 in the short stay car park, but that is in 3 weeks time, end of October.
  • equityman
    Options
    Anyone over 50 years old has a right to check out airport parking fees using SAGA's website. I have found considerable savings for EMA and MAN airparks . Cheaper than Holiday Extras!
  • happywarmgun
    Options
    Speaking at someone who flew 33 times from BHX this year (and 8 from EME) I've ended up a reluctant expert in every variation of midlands airport carparking. My final conclusion -

Get the train!

Birmingham airport has a dedicated train station (Birmingham International) attached (a direct monorail connection 5 minutes away that leaves every two minutes.). If you live within a short taxi distance of any train station with a direct line to Brum, and if you flights are leaving/landing in Brum between 8am and 9pm then you will likely save a heap getting the train booked (unless you were coming with a people carrier full), have a stress free journey, and be able to have booze on the plane.

For EME public transport isn't a convinient option. I always found the onsite parking reasonably priced in comparison to elsewhere and mercifully always walkable to the terminal rather than having to wait for a bus. You probably can get cheaper elsewhere, but it would have to be a significant saving to save the hassle of waiting to get picked up. I had a number of bad experiences waiting forever for purple parking busses from Heathrow last year and it has put me off trying them anywhere else...
  • RCB28
    RCB28 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Go through MATALAN website for 15% off Birmingham NCP/ AHP carparks. :j I did this last year and will do the same this year :j
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."
    Bo Derek
  • momtothree
    Options
    RCB28 wrote: »
    Go through MATALAN website for 15% off Birmingham NCP/ AHP carparks. :j I did this last year and will do the same this year :j

Just used this to book our parking for July, Bham Long stay £40.66 for 15 days. It has worked out a lot cheaper than the quotes i was getting via the search engines.
    Thanks for the tip :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure