Cheap Airport Parking: Gatwick Airport hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• sam9713
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm looking for a cheap airport parking site to park at gatwick.. thinking of using gatwickparkingquotes.com

Anyone used them before?
  • Karnside13
    Options
    We would like to book a Meet and Greet facility at Gatwick but am worried about rogue sites who may drive your car off and leave it in an unsecured place. Can anyone re-assure us and maybe recommend somewhere.
    What re-assurances do we have that the drivers/sites are insured against an accident whilst driving our vehicle? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • tomw3uk
    Options
    Cheap Gatwick Parking (with B&B)

The Manor House (Crawley, 5-10 mins drive from Gatwick)

https://www.manorhouse-gatwick.co.uk

I recently used Manor House B&B with parking facility when I went away to St. Vincent, we live in leicester so didn't want to risk the M25 traffic problems before our long flight.

It was the perfect stress free start to our holiday (we stayed 1 night at the B&B with continental breakfast (free wifi too), 8 nights parking, and our transfers to the airport were included due to good flight times)

My wife and I had to have a twin room with a shared bathroom (with one other room), as we booked a couple of days before and all the doubles/ensuites had been booked up. It didn't matter as we're both quite considerate of others, and next time I'll book earlier.

Parking was £2 per day because we stayed at the B&B (but parking is £3 per day otherwise),

and the bed and breakfast for the night was £60 for the two of us including continental breakfast, (and transfers if between 6am and 10am).

Total price was £76 (and I would have payed more based on my experience).

I honestly can't recommend this place enough, it was cheap, cheerful, clean and tidy, breakfast set us up nicely for the day.

The owner delivered us to the airport, and picked us up a short walk from where we were dropped off.

Give them a try and i'm sure you'll be as happy as we were.

Thanks
    Tom.
  • isitacon
    Options
    Karnside13 wrote: »
    We would like to book a Meet and Greet facility at Gatwick but am worried about rogue sites who may drive your car off and leave it in an unsecured place. Can anyone re-assure us and maybe recommend somewhere.
    What re-assurances do we have that the drivers/sites are insured against an accident whilst driving our vehicle? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Hi Karnside
    I recommend a company called Tudor Rose. They are fully insured and have drivers in identifiable uniforms. Their car park is 4 minutes away from both North and South terminals.
    Try tudorroseairportparking co.uk for a service where you drive to their secure car park and they take you personally to the airport and have your car waiting for you when you return.
    Or tudorrose co.uk for the full valet service.
    Personally I recommend the first one as it is cheaper then valet parking and you see their secure car park and they take photos of your car in case of damage.
    Hope this helps. I will be using them on Saturday.
  • Marea
    Options
    We always use airparks and with bespoke offer we pay £52 for 2 weeks parking. Get a shuttle to and from car park which doesn't take long. Never had any problems with them very curtious and always welcoming. X
  • DalePie
    DalePie Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    I just found this voucher code for Liverpool airport parking:

http://www.cial.co.uk/liverpool-airport-parking-voucher-code-50-off/

I just tried it myself and it works. I don't think i've ever used a code that gave so much money off in one go!
  • ruth56_2
    ruth56_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tudor rose do it every time for us. Usually do standard valet parking where you get taken to the terminal and they meet you with your car on your return. This time (june) there is a special offer and theirchauffuer service is £10 cheaper. This service lets you collect a driver from their car park who drives you in your car to the terminal and meets you with your car on return. This will cost us £72 for 15days in june. Always had good service from tudor rose.
  • guilford1
    Options
    The airport have just launched an impressive scheme, have a look at the Gatwick website in the parking section
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Nodding_Donkey Posts: 2,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DalePie wrote: »
    I just found this voucher code for Liverpool airport parking:

http://www.cial.co.uk/liverpool-airport-parking-voucher-code-50-off/

I just tried it myself and it works. I don't think i've ever used a code that gave so much money off in one go!

But by the time you've driven all the way to Liverpool and then got a flight to Gatwick I'd say you were out of pocket.
  • guilford1
    Options
    The airport have just launched an excellent local residents' pick-up scheme - have a look under the parking section of Gatwick's website
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback