We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flights to Australia

Options
124»

Comments

• Party_Animal
    Party_Animal Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers, I was thinking of bringing a nice drop of red from the Barossa Valley.
  • lozkate
    lozkate Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    I have been in contact with Freedom Australia and they have been really helpful.

We have got prices for flights (international and internal ) flying out on 15 December with Singapore Airlines and returning 5 Jan, if we flew out on the 8th December we would save £250pp but would probably spend more than that on accomodation and spending money! BA / Quantas included 2 internal flights but worked out more expensive overall. I didnt try Emirates as they stop in Dubai and in Singapore.

Freedom Australia have also sorted possible accomodation and couldnt do enough to help (thanks Michael!) He did mention that he has had 5 enquiries today re the Ashes tour.

Kate
  • steve__b5
    Options
    If anybody wants tickets then you can buy them online via either ticketek or ticketmaster dependant on which game you are after.

Demand will be high for the first couple of days at both Sydney and Melbourne, but we just paid on the day for all the other days last time around.

The Barmy Army will likely get a good allocation, and don't just sell them to those booked on their tours.
  • Party_Animal
    Party_Animal Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not on sale yet. The tender hasn't been given out, but its likely to be Ticketek.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport