We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flights to Australia

Options

Comments

• Party_Animal
    Party_Animal Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If ur going for the cricket, in order to get tickets for the matches, don't u have to go on a special package with flights and tickets???

I wasn't aware of this. I've done several tours before without booking a package though not to OZ
    Thanks
  • Party_Animal
    Options
    joe13 wrote:
    Hi Party Animal,
    we spent a month in OZ last year and flew via Tokyo with BA and then Quantas to Cairns. So if you have done the normal stopover destinations how about Tokyo. We spent 2 days there and it was nowhere near as expensive as we had been led to expect. Both the BA and Quantas service was very good, we travelled all internal flights with Quantas or Virgin Blue(subsidiary of Quantas) and then BA back from Hong Kong.

Joe I'd love to do Tokyo. My mates went out for the footie and said it was very expensive. I'll certainly check it out.
    Thanks
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    .............Des put a couple of steaks on for me and thanks for the advice. ........

a couple of shrimps on the barbie, surely!!

I thought the tours was the only real way of getting gen-U-ine tickets
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're going to Oz a few weeks earlier for the Tri Nations rugby league, & have just booked the whole package through Mercury Direct. We were going to DIY, but they offer tailor made packages for far less than we could do it ourselves. 3 weeks in Brisbane & Sydney, stopping off in Singapore is costing less than £1500 each. We're flying with Emirates. My Parents are going in March to Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns & Bankok for a similar price. They're flying BA/Quantas.
    The flights aren't released yet, but Mercury Direct will allow you to change/cancel your booking if the flights aren't suitable when released.
    https://www.mercury-direct.co.uk
  • Party_Animal
    Options
    Thanks Lucie. That's brilliant.
  • lozkate
    lozkate Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Lucie

I have just rung them and will let you know how I get on I really think that prices are going to go up as there is such a demand so I hope booking as early as possible is the right thing to do.
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    By the way Lozkate, only 38 days to go, bring it on!!!!!!
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Party_Animal
    Options
    Only 13 days for me to my hols and 9 days to work! On countdown.
  • mandymack
    mandymack Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I was in Adelaide earlier this year and loved it, folk were se nice and it is a great city. If you have the time do visit Kangaroo Island can't recommend it highly enough one of Oz's hidden treasures. If you need any other info on Adelaide area just ask

Mandy
    Titch :)
  • lozkate
    lozkate Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Katykat

I was waiting for that !

Kate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories