PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi there

fluffysox,,,

I have made the pasta bake and ti is very nice I added campbells chicken and campbells mushroom soups and it tastes very nice,, thankyou

KAATth_goodnight-3.jpg
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• WendysWorld
    WendysWorld Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    After my disastrous month in July I'm going to try a bit harder this month! I'm off for two weeks on my holidays so I'm going to have a 'public' target of £300 but a 'secret' target of £250......the games I play to fool myself into saving money.....

So AngelNikki can I put myself down for £300 please!

Thanks!

BM
  • mumoffour77
    mumoffour77 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Options
    The Hobnobs are gorg!!!
    Many many thanks to twinkie!!
    Also Nikki thanks for the link:)
    Ohhhhh so many many ideas!!
    :jIm going to be frugal:j
    :DIm going to be frugal:D
    ;)Im going to be frugal;)
    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice...................:rotfl:
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey can't believe how fast this thread is. I am a bit late declaring for this month but please put me down for £200 again. I went over by £5 something last month but need to use up some stock so I am hoping for a very cheap month in August. Off now to catch up on the posts.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • newmoneysaver_2
    Options
    mumof four - glad you liked the twinks, they are fab! I add choc chips (or a bashed up choc bar - very theraputic (sp?)) after I have mixed the dough. They do go abit squidgy but you end up with nich choccy bits in the twinks.
  • mhe
    mhe Posts: 418 Forumite
    Options
    OK I think iv got a bit of a problem.

My freezer is so full I have to force the door shut. My cupboards are so full things drop on your head when you open them. Despite this I just dont seem to be able to stop spending money in the supermarket. Iv reduced my spend from £400 to around £200 but I always spend that. I keep thinking I only need fruit, veg and milk - go in to get it and come out with a trolly of bits and bobs. sometimes its because it was a good offer so i store it. Sometimes it was a woopsie so couldnt leave it there. Sometimes its cos the children were with me. I do meal plan but just dont seem to be able to stick to my list.

Any ideas??
    "With no money you start to discover your own inner resource" GK Chesterton
    2 adults, 3 children
  • Tigerpants
    Options
    Hi!
    Newbie here, not tried this before so I'm totally guessing but I'm going to go for £400 for the month and thats for two adults plus one big kid and two littler ones :p

I know thats huge compared to a lot of people on here but I'll start at that and then try to shave it off.

Hope this will keep me on track too :A

Thank you!
    In house moving hell :eek:
  • zekepes
    zekepes Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I came in at £400 last month - not good when you consider I took out all non food, pet foods and alcholic drinks from that, and it is just for 2 adults and a 4 yr old!

Can I please set my August target at £325 this month? Thank you!
  • zekepes
    zekepes Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    mhe wrote: »
    OK I think iv got a bit of a problem.

My freezer is so full I have to force the door shut. My cupboards are so full things drop on your head when you open them. Despite this I just dont seem to be able to stop spending money in the supermarket. Iv reduced my spend from £400 to around £200 but I always spend that. I keep thinking I only need fruit, veg and milk - go in to get it and come out with a trolly of bits and bobs. sometimes its because it was a good offer so i store it. Sometimes it was a woopsie so couldnt leave it there. Sometimes its cos the children were with me. I do meal plan but just dont seem to be able to stick to my list.

Any ideas??

I have started shopping at the fruit and veg shop in town for all my fruit and veg when I can (it is nicer and cheaper, too) which seems to have stopped the same thing with me! I also get milk from the milkman, which I know is more expensive but it stops me popping down the local spar for a pint and coming back with a magazine and a bar of chocolate as well!
  • taffy1969
    taffy1969 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. Did my first shop of the month - £74.53. Pretty good. Mine includes food, cat food, cleaning, toiletry etc. Basically anything you can buy from supermarket (meat doesn't come from there though). Went to Mr T's. NO CARROTS!!!!! It was after 3pm mind. But no whoopsies either!!!! Nor any of the reduced stuff which peeps have been talking about on here - oh well never mind. Was please with shop this week.Normally shop on line, but hubby rang from offshore last night and said he is coming home tomorrow so thought I better go buy some food. We have got full freezer and cupboards just nothing to 'open the cupboard door and eat' iyswim.
    Anyway, babbled enough, have a good week.
    Taffy
    Need to sort my life out! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family