PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Can I freeze cream?

Options

Comments

• janeawej
    janeawej Posts: 808 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes you can freeze it tho it sometimes goes a bit dry when you defrost it, if that happens and you doent want to use it on puddings it can be added to sauces as double cream but use a little less!
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
  • Lord_Gardener
    Options
    Yes, we always buy several pots at a time when it's on reduced price and freeze it until needed!
    I'm mad!!!! :rotfl::jand celebrating everyday every year!!!
  • apple_mint
    apple_mint Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you know, ever since I've found out you can freeze cream ... I've never found any reduced. I used to see loads but thought it had to be used up straight away. :rolleyes:
    Enjoying an MSE OS life :D
  • Mics_chick
    Mics_chick Posts: 12,014 Forumite
    Options
    I've frozen milk before but wondered if cream is ok to freeze too...:confused:
    You should never call somebody else a nerd or geek because everybody (even YOU !!!) is an
    "anorak" about something whether it's trains, computers, football, shoes or celebs :p :rotfl:
  • apple_mint
    apple_mint Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Definately :D It does go a little bit 'grainy' but as soon as you whip it up you wouldn't know the difference.
    Enjoying an MSE OS life :D
  • kittykat500
    Options
    I always thought cream couldn't be frozen - thanks for enlightening me! I suppose whipping cream can also be frozen?
  • youngie
    youngie Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cream is better if you lightly whip before freezing
  • Jolaaled
    Jolaaled Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's ok to freeze either single or double cream? I've bought 2 large tubs today but don't want to use it all a once, but would like to defrost for use over Xmas.

Is it ok to freeze and is there anything i need to do first e.g. add sugar etc. Does defrosted cream go a funny texture?

thanks all
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have frozen whipped double cream in the past and I think it worked okish - the problem is I think with the fat content.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Jolaaled,

As peb has said you can freeze double cream and whipping cream if you whip them before freezing, but single cream doesn't seem to work. What you can do is use single cream to make sauces etc and then freeze them.

There's an older thread with lots of advice on freezing cream so I've added your thread to it to keep all the replies together.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport