Be a BOOTS product tester

Options

Comments

• crystal64
    crystal64 Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I contacted them on tuesday and received my form today & posted if off so see what happens
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    registered tonight-but not sure l will get past health check as have had breast cancer so may be considered a risk.would love to test some botanics for them!
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sharon59 wrote: »
    registered tonight-but not sure l will get past health check as have had breast cancer so may be considered a risk.would love to test some botanics for them!

Hope you are ok now and free of the dreaded cancer. :beer: You deserve some lovely botanics to test.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • InfamyInfamy
    InfamyInfamy Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    Options
    Sent an application form yesterday with prepaid envelope to reply with. Sent off so fingers crossed. Offered test at home or for long trials but as I live on IOW opted for at home!!
    :beer:
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    forms returned yesterday, fingers crossed :T
  • EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just signed up for this, but on reading into the site a bit further it seems that testers are being lab rats.

I found found this:
    Volunteers are asked not to use 2 new products on the same area of the body at the same time. This allows us to distinguish which product, in the event of a reaction, has caused the reaction.

http://www.bootsvolunteers.com/aboutus.aspx

I always thought products had been proven safe before being tested on the public? Surely if you are testing for reactions then it should be paid for trials?
  • kim_ley
    kim_ley Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure they are safe... they know what they are doing they have been selling products for years they wouldnt put unsafe things in them!!!

Some people have a reaction to products for unknown reasons... such as an allergy they didn't know they had... sensitive skin because of things like they have got there period at the same time etc...
    I'm an MSE SLACKER!!!! Slap my bum.

Been a long time but i'm back.
    :o
  • adam2484
    adam2484 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    just gotten my password and id. They have 6 trials... i accepted 4 of them. see how it goes.
  • carla40
    carla40 Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    adam2484 wrote: »
    just gotten my password and id. They have 6 trials... i accepted 4 of them. see how it goes.
    that was quick, what trials did they offer you
    wins so far:- absolutely nothing, not even an arguement:mad:
  • livelyred
    livelyred Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    Options
    adam2484 wrote: »
    Yes that was quick what trials was u offered ? Cant wait to get started.:rotfl:
    Won 2010: Butlins 5 day Break and £250, 1 yr Virgin Active membership, Meal for 10 at Best Parties Ever, skyline 2011 dvd.

Surveys Tescos Home Panel,Boots,cint sample,Unex Royal Mail,Crowdolody,Valued opinions,Ayton,Buzz,Ayton,Consumer Pulse,Royal Mail Posting, pigsback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure