Anyone fron Staffordshire/Derbyshire

Options
Off on holiday to Staffordshire end Aug. Since booking we now have a lovley puppy, do you know any places that the children will enjoy (14 & 10) where we can also take dog.
Jan Grocery challenge
Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date

Comments

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if you are wanting to know about attractions or walks etc?

Cannock Chase has various walks, if you wanted to mountain bike and need to hire them I'd recommend Mammoth Liftstyle at Milford, Stafford. They close on a monday.
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Both please, anywhere that is family and dog friendly.
    Jan Grocery challenge
  • amyandoli
    amyandoli Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    summer hols, lovely :)

whereabouts are you going to be based as depending which border your on you could pop ver the county lines... i can think of a load of lovely walks and family hikes but wuld depend where you are based i suppose x
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    We will be based in Leek.
    Jan Grocery challenge
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trentham Gardens has improved lately not sure about dogs, would be owrth checking their website. You're obviously close to Alton Towers, Water World, and the ski slope at Festival Park in Stoke.

Not sure if you can hire boats from Stone, or the marina nr Festival Park tho you used to be able to at Norbury Junction Nr Gnossal, Staffs. Shrugborough Hall at Stafford. Then there is the usual 10pin bowling etc.
  • lappish22
    lappish22 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, You are about 35 mins drive away from Ashbourne, which is a nice town for a walk round, then you could head into the peak district which has some lovely scenery and walks.
    Bakewell,(lovely market town with delicious bakewell puddings!) Buxton, (park area and town) Dovedale,(nice for long walks along the river with your dog) Matlock (lots of things to do around here for the kids aswell. Bit of a mini Blackpool, so depends if you like that sort of thing)
    Carsington Water is also a great day out for all the family plus dog! Lots of activites (watersports,cycling etc) and places to eat. It is about 10 mins from Ashbourne.
    Chatsworth House is also a good visit, but not sure about dogs?!
    Kids would love Alton Towers, Cariba Creek Waterpark, Monkey Forest (next to Trentham Gardens)
    Have a good hol!!!:j
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Great ideas, thank you.
    Jan Grocery challenge
  • Garden_Girl
    Garden_Girl Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Choclatepennyfarthing

If you google "days out in Staffordshire" you get loads of ideas - including some indoor ones if the weather isn't too great. Also seen money off vouchers in other parts of mse site for places like waterworld etc. Spent a lovely day last Sunday walking around the moors - starting at Flash. Invest in an ordance survey map and you will see loads of places.

Have fun
  • Krasnoludek
    Krasnoludek Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Rosliston Forest in Burton On trent would be a lovely walk for you and your children and is all free

K xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport