Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• matilda.cs
    Options
    Noddle and clear score offer free reports :)
  • credit_crunch
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for replying so quickly.
    Also my credit score has dropped over the last month. I've looked into it, and the only thing I can see if my credit limit has increased on my credit card but surely that wouldn't lower my credit score - would it?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    If all that is not enough, you can get a full credit report (not score) for £2 from each CRA.

See: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/credit/
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Also my credit score has dropped over the last month. I've looked into it, and the only thing I can see if my credit limit has increased on my credit card but surely that wouldn't lower my credit score - would it?

Your credit score is just a made up number, provided only to you for entertainment purposes. It doesn't reflect your credit worthiness and isn't seen or used by lenders.

Just ignore it, but check the data on your files from time to time.
  • foeism
    foeism Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Yes, but the default date being correct is the most crucial thing of all.

Wow it's been a while since my last post!
    My credit rating is now restored, as of October 2018, and now looking forward to finally being able to get on with my life!

I just want everyone know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and don't give up!!

I personally would like to Fermi for all your help, not to just me, but the countless threads where you've replied. This is the same for all those experts with experience, who have also helped me.

And finally, baby number four is due in 8 weeks, we've had a mortgage agreed and an offer on a house accepted.

Thanks to all :grouphug:
  • Joa1210_2
    Options
    I am trying to understand the clean up process, currently my short term debt is showing as £0 but when i look at each account on my report they still show a balance but closed, is this correct or should they be showing 0 too?

my long term debt is still showing my secured loan to elderbridge.
    at £14000 and showing as open, ive spoken to elderbridge 3 or 4 times and they wont close the account and keep telling me they will only close the account if the official receiver send them a letter and a copy of my discharge,
    I've spoken to the OR and they say they wont do this, and i dont need to do it either that Elderbridge are just trying it on.
    I'm not interested in anymore credit, we may look in the future to get another mortgage however its not something we're bothered about just now.
    what can i do about Elderbridge? whats the next course of action?
    Thanks in advance
    Jo
  • AdviceSought
    AdviceSought Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Just been discharged in Scotland!

Am I better to look at multiple credit agencies to see who I should contact to get things cleaned up?

Is there a period of time I should wait before I make contact?
  • leonard99
    leonard99 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I was declared bankrupt 09/05/14 and discharged 09/05/15 and since then have been trying to keep on top of my credit file. I'm now at my wits' end having hit the buffers with both Barclaycard and Arrow Global.

What I think has happened is that Barclaycard have passed my credit card debt to a debt collection agency (Arrow Global) several months after my bankruptcy date. This has resulted in the entries below on my experian credit file. I was under the impression this should never have been passed to Arrow Global and even if that is ok the dates don't look right to me.

Any help/advice very much appreciated, just looking for peace of mind that this is right or that I have a right to complain and get it fixed if it's not.

Details as follows:

This is the barclaycard entry that's under the Credit Account Information with Account Management Details section in my report:

Company: BARCLAYCARD
    Account Updated to 06/12/15
    Current Balance Satisfied
    Default Date: 09/05/2014
    Default Balance: 12414
    Last Updated to 06/12/15

Last update on 06/12/15 has a zero balance, the previous 6 months have a status code of 8 and a non-zero balance. Then its a status of 2 and then 1 for 1 month each.

This is the entry for Arrow Global that appears in the Credit Account Information section:

Company: ARROW GLOBAL LIMITED
    Started: 29/12/08
    Default Date: 09/05/14
    Start Date: 05/15
    Account Updated to 19/07/16
    Current Balance: Satisfied
    PARTIAL SETTLEMENT
    Default Balance: £16608

The payment history was last updated on 19/07/16 with a status of [8] and a zero balance. The previous 7 months to december 2015 have a status of ? and a zero balance, then November 2015 has a balance of 16608.

I hope that's enough to go on but if I can provide any more info that will help please ask.
    Thank you
  • Years_of_debt
    Options
    I have just been discharged last week,

I have emailed all of the creditors and asked them to make my accounts as £0 on my credit file - is that correct?

One creditor on Experian has put the debt to £0 but has put it down as default. The account falls in the “default accounts” tab on Experian.

It has added a satisfaction date of 1st of October - the day of my discharge.

Should the account be put into the settled accounts tab?
    There are 3 tabs on Experian, active, settled & defaulted.

I just want to make sure they are recorded correctly so they drop off after the 6 years.
  • amizaki
    amizaki Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello All,

last month after discharged date I followed Credit Reference File Clean up steps mentioned here and sent letter to all creditors. Now, I received some reply and some update on my credit reports. But, I am little bit confused about the status. I went bankruptcy on Dec'18 and discharged on Dec'19. So status showing like:

Account end date
    12/2019
    Date of default
    12/2018

But under status : showing

Dec18 ok
    Jan19 ok
    Feb19 1AA
    Mar19 - Nov'19 DF
    Dec'19 PS

So, I am confused as it saying default date 12/18 but, under account status showing first default Mar'19. So, two can't be right. Should I dispute with the lender or its ok what showing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback