More4 on Freeview

If you've got Freeview, you should be able to access the new channel from the Channel4 stable, More4. However if you're not getting it automatically you will need to retune your box

These are the basics (from the More4 website)

Here's how...

Check your box has updated automatically: when you're watching TV, press 13 on your remote control. If More4 appears at channel 13 then you don't need to do anything. If channel 13 is still S4C2 then you need to rescan your box manually.

Your box may give you the option to rescan, in which case do so. This way, you will pick up ALL the channels available to you.

Your box may do nothing, in which case you definitely need to rescan it manually.

For more info see http://www.channel4.com/more4/getmore4.html
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,343
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Even if you have already got More4 in the correct place there was big reshuffle of all the digital freeview channels yesterday(October 18th) so probably worth rescanning all your freeview boxes anyway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/digital_tv/retune_freeview.shtml
  • I tried to rescan today it said 16 channels to much,do i need another freeview box,cant get channel 13.I dont have a slot in this box.
    A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
    El sabio muda el consejo, el necio no.
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,759
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Also, ITV4 is appearing on channel 30 on the 1st of November, so it's worth doing another rescan then.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Peter-Pan wrote:
    I tried to rescan today it said 16 channels to much,do i need another freeview box,cant get channel 13.I dont have a slot in this box.

You shouldn't need a new box.

If you've got an old ondigital or itvdigital box, you need to make sure you do a full rescan by selecting "Store Channels" from the "Getting Started" menu.

Do not use the "Add channels" option, this tries to add the new positions to the channels already stored - as some of the channel numbers have changed you will end up with duplicates.
  • stu_c_2
    stu_c_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Just a word of warning, please check what channels you should be able to receive for your area, then check what what you are actually receiving at the moment.

I started with a freeview box tuned in London, which still worked fine when I moved out of London presumeably because the aerial at my house points to the transmitter there. However, when I decided to retune for more4, I ended up with less4, if fact no channel 4, no e4 and no itv. I can only get the bbc channels, which is roughly in-line with what I should be receiving according to the coverage information.

It's a rented place, so I can't do much about the aerial, so it's back to a mate's house in London to tune it there!
  • denled
    denled Posts: 16 Forumite
    Is there anything on More4 all Ive seen so far are previews ???
  • denled, More4 should be up and running. Look out for Morgan Spurlock's (the Super Size Me guy) new series "30 days" which promises to be very interesting indeed.
    "Excellent !!"
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,759
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    denled wrote:
    Is there anything on More4 all Ive seen so far are previews ???

There's nothing on the channel until about 4pm each day.
  • denled
    denled Posts: 16 Forumite
    Ah just been trying it in the morning !! Thanks everybody
  • GibsonSt19
    GibsonSt19 Posts: 2,736
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is this new channel on SkyDigital too?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories