Cheapest Home Phones Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• europincher
    Options
    Has anyone tried to use Primus link to Login and had a firefox security warning as below?
    When I queried this with Primus (planet talk), they sent me this fairly poor response!
    Dear Customer

Thanks for the email

You can go head and login , as some Firefox gives the messages .

Sincerely,
    Customer Service

Security warning

This Connection is Untrusted
    You have asked Firefox to connect
    securely to secure.planet-talk.co.uk, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
    Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
    this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
    trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details
    secure.planet-talk.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

I Understand the Risks

If you understand what's going on, you
    can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification.
    Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is
    tampering with your connection.
    Don't add an exception unless
    you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.
  • EddyB
    EddyB Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone tried to use Primus link to Login and had a firefox security warning as below?
    When I queried this with Primus (planet talk), they sent me this fairly poor response!
    Dear Customer

Thanks for the email

You can go head and login , as some Firefox gives the messages .

Sincerely,
    Customer Service.

A poor response indeed. And I would hesitate before handing over your phone line to a company whose frontline is handled by people who communicate so poorly.

As for the Firefox warning, I would go to the parent site, Planet, and send them an email advising that you are not prepared to use their website until it satisfies Firefox's security precautions. Make these suppliers jump through the hoops!

If
  • tjprescott
    Options
    hello, I was wondering, can Plusnet change your tarrif? I had an email from them stating that from the 4th January, we will no longer get our 300 inclusive international minutes! Which is disapointing seeings as this was one of the reasons we went with them ! :mad:

Definately regret going with them now. Conection to the internet took over a month and the internet is very unreliable and we seem to get stupid calls daily from 'compensation' companies etc etc...

Will be definatly going back with o2 internet after the 12 months is over!
  • paulneale_2
    Options
    Dear MSE,

I've noticed that the article doesn't tell you who offers the best value anytime packages. Is there a reason for that, or am I missing something?

Also, none of the comparisons appear to include the cost of call features (like caller ID, voicemail, etc. etc.) -sometimes these can bump-up the bill quite a lot, depending on the supplier.

Please could the MSE Towers staffers consider revising the article to include this useful info next time it gets updated?

Much appreciated,
    Paul.
  • paulneale_2
    Options
    tjprescott wrote: »
    hello, I was wondering, can Plusnet change your tarrif? I had an email from them stating that from the 4th January, we will no longer get our 300 inclusive international minutes! Which is disapointing seeings as this was one of the reasons we went with them ! :mad:

PlusNet regularly change products, technically breaching contracts in the process. Often they'll claim the changes are in customers' interest or fair and balanced to try and persuade customers that there's nothing they can do.

If they are materially and detrimentally changing the product you are paying for, then your contract is null and void and you can cancel without charges or penalties.

Just make sure you do so before the 30 days notice period is up, or they will make it awkward for you and you might have to threaten / follow-up with small claims action and use their email to prove breach of contract.

Hope that helps!
  • MrChips
    MrChips Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - I've just moved into a new home and want to set up a home phone line and broadband. From research it seems the cheapest option is a combo of Primus and Plusnet. Not sure how their service compares with others...

Anyway, the previous owners were with Sky and have told me they've had a bit of an issue getting their account disconnected. I rang Sky to say I wanted to set up a new account and they told me that the line was still connected and that any calls I made would be charged to the previous owners! I have no intention of doing this, but bearing this in mind, what is the best way to set up a new account with Primus?

I tried to follow the link to HomePhoneChoices for the special deal but it is asking me for the current phone number which I don't know! I rang sky and they wouldn't tell me, I rang BT and they also refused to tell me. I've emailed the previous vendor but a response might take a few days.

What are my best options for a quick and cost effective account set up??
    If I had a pound for every time I didn't play the lottery...
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Dial 17070 to get the number.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • MrChips
    Options
    We don't have a handset at the moment, and we aren't based at the property until after Christmas - I wanted to start the set up now though so it would be up and running by the time we moved in. Thanks for the tip though.

In theory, if the account is still live but in someone else's name will we be able to arrange for a transfer to Primus in our name once we discover the number?
  • MrChips
    Options
    On second thoughts, thinking of going for the £9.99 BT line rental and adding Plusnet on top. It'll be £2 a month dearer but hopefully it will be more reliable for the first year and I can consider changing after 12 months.
  • Snapelover
    Options
    We have moved from BT to Primus as our CPS with effect from yesterday.

Is the following list correct for getting the cheapest phone calls:

Mon-Fri 8am -6pm - 18185
    6pm-8am - Primus

Sat/Sun - Primus

UK Mobiles (075, 077, 078, 079) 8am - 6pm - 18185
    Sat/Sun - ??????????

056 Numbers - at all times - 18185

0500, 0800, 0845, 0870, 0871 - Override back to BT 1280
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing