Mystery shopping - useful quotes thread

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I've had some PM's, so there are new phrases in the first post!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    More new phrases have been added - thank you to those who have PM'd me.

Sorry that I keep having to post on the end of the thread, but it does not get brought up to the first page when I update it, so this is the only way of letting people know that there is new material available. :o
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • redridinghood_2
    Options
    How about...

"I did my job properly by filling in the report with my exact findings in my own words, instead of copying and pasting other people's work from a website."
  • Timmne
    Timmne Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Options
    How about...

"I did my job properly by filling in the report with my exact findings in my own words, instead of copying and pasting other people's work from a website."

How about keeping out of threads with which you have no concern? If you had the ability to read properly, you'll notice that this thread isn't to blag our way through reports, it's to provide useful phrases which we use all the time, and to save us from having to type over and over again.
    Keep up the good work JM :T
  • luckystar_3
    Options
    How about...

Totally agree and had to post even though I don't often - if you are thinking that the MS companies approve of this, why not email them and ask them? I would be willing to bet that they all say "absolutely not!" and probably also delete your account...

Just because the company gave someone 80% for a substantially copied and pasted report doesn't mean that they have condoned a shopper doing this. Has it occured to you that the reports were checked by different proofreaders and so they didn't even realise?

I'll take the advice and stay out of this thread as it seems that different views are not allowed!
  • Timmne
    Timmne Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Options
    Different views are allowed, they're just totally pointless in a thread which isn't a discussion one!

It's not a case of companies allowing copying and pasting - of course they wouldn't allow it if I copied one report into the next, but that's not what we're doing. We're talking about the questions like "Were the toilets clean and fully stocked" - they don't need a bespoke answer if they were spotless and fully stocked! You're a mug if you insist on typing out your own dossier each time you get a standard question.

If you get a question like "describe what the team member was wearing", one is obviously not just going to come on to this thread and copy & paste any sentence, if it doesn't exist then one would write a new sentence!

It beggars belief that people come out of the woodwork to criticise something when they're quite happy to leach off other advice on the forum when it suits them!
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    luckystar wrote: »

Just because the company gave someone 80% for a substantially copied and pasted report doesn't mean that they have condoned a shopper doing this. Has it occured to you that the reports were checked by different proofreaders and so they didn't even realise?

Just to clarify, the reports were marked at the same time by the same marker (reports are signed with the marker's initials, dated and timed). And yes, I have had messages from mystery shopping allocators saying that they are perfectly happy for stock sentences in return for questions where there is nothing out of the norm.

Hope this clarifies things. Now, back to the thread.

The 'best before' date was clearly displayed on all merchandise.

• belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just to say I'm looking at this thread as a nervous newbie MS so I don't have anything to add ... maybe some of the other people looking are in the same boat :)

And whilst I get the point about stock phrases this has been absolutely invaluable in telling me the kinds of things I might be asked about afterwards...many thanks everyone.
  • mumsthe
    mumsthe Posts: 475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I am also a newbie MS looking for some helpful hints to filling in paperwork and understand the use of standard answers for standard questions.

Sorry I don't have any statements to add but thank you to OP. icon7.gif
    :)Thank you to all of you who post competitions :)
  • gmac9i
    gmac9i Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, try this for a change.If you want to work as a mystery shopper, try to actually work as a mystery shopper. I hope that mystery shopping companies read this blog. You are a disgrace, you want money for nothing.Try to understand the need for mystery shopping you greedy money grabbing good for nothings.I hope you get caught and dropped from your jobs.

gmac9inch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport