Natwest £50 savings cashback loophole

Options

Comments

• fablad75
    fablad75 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been answered:

Does the standing order have to come from a Natwest account? I have a First Reserve account already, and would like to set up a standing order from my Nationwide account for the monthly £100. Would this qualify?
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It can come from any account. The e-savings account has its own sort code and account number.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    fablad75 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been answered:

Does the standing order have to come from a Natwest account? I have a First Reserve account already, and would like to set up a standing order from my Nationwide account for the monthly £100. Would this qualify?

If u fund the account externally, e.g from your Nationwide account Natwest dont give you the account number until it has been funded with minimum 1.00 which means you have no choice to send the standing mandate back to Natwest as opposed to setting it up yourself via your online banking. You might like to bear this in mind when choosing the first 100.00 standing order payment date as the standing order mandate needs to go to natwest and then to the worlds most efficient financial organisation. :rotfl:
  • LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And once you've answered that one, there is the question: 'what on earth is a third party mandate (required to withdraw money from the e-saver) and is there a charge for it?'
    Further to this, 22.10 says you can withdraw using a 3rd party mandate, but 22.13 says standing orders aren't permitted on this account.

Does that mean you can only transfer single payments out?
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm thinking of applying and just leaving the money there for about four months before moving any out in case they get suspicious, I know the rate is crap but with the £50 on top it works out a lot better.
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • LongTermLurker
    Options
    tara747 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of applying and just leaving the money there for about four months before moving any out in case they get suspicious, I know the rate is crap but with the £50 on top it works out a lot better.
    I don't think suspicion's anything to worry about - it either is or isn't permitted (and it clearly is) so 4 months or 4 days makes little difference.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • funkyhitman
    funkyhitman Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I set up my standing order to start on 29th July.

This is the first time I have ever set one up so I am wondering what happens in February Will the SO occur on 28th Feb or 1st March?

Thanks.
  • LongTermLurker
    Options

This is the first time I have ever set one up so I am wondering what happens in February Will the SO occur on 28th Feb or 1st March?

Thanks.
    I think it would go out on the first working day in March - that's why a lot of places set up Direct Debits to be the 28th, as that's a consistant date.
  • funkyhitman
    funkyhitman Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think it would go out on the first working day in March - that's why a lot of places set up Direct Debits to be the 28th, as that's a consistant date.

Will that mess up the offer? If Natwest deem I didn't do a SO every month then I won't get my £50!
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Thanks.

Where is the money coming from? Are you sure that an amount leaving that account on the 29th of the month will reach your NatWest account by the following day (there are quite a few months with 30 days!) and are you even sure that the funds would reach it by the 31st? Even if it is from another NatWest account, are you sure it would work on an "instant" transfer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure