Natwest £50 savings cashback loophole

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,109 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have received the letter with the sort code and account number, but how do you access the account online?

Immediately after account /sortcode number letter you will get another letter with your customer number, a few days after that you will get a another letter with your activation code.
  • LongTermLurker
    Options
    123snowy wrote: »
    Just 1 problem . try as i might I can't find a URL where I can sign up to the acount. Plenty of information but no actual place to sign on the dotted line ... aaggghh
    http://www.natwest.com/personal/save-and-invest/savings/g1/instant-access/e-savings.ashx

Try the "Apply now" button just above the big red "£50 cashback" box
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my documents today - i take it when people are getting there documents, there is nothing in them about the cashback (there isn't in mine)
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • nixie1
    nixie1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Received my documentation on Saturday which includes a standing order form for NatWest to take the money off my (other bank) current account. I don't see any problems so far with this./quote]

Same here.

I did plan to leave the £100 in the account and use it as my spends money each month. Didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get a card. I guess the clue is in the account title though!! :o
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nixie1 wrote: »
    Didn't occur to me that I wouldn't get a card. I guess the clue is in the account title though!! :o
    Not really. Both the Halifax WebSaver and the YBS Internet Saver both have link cards. :)
  • just-chips
    Options
    Hehe! A little extra twist for students which makes this an even better deal... along with the free railcard Natwest also provide us "hardworking students" with a £1400 interest free overdraft (Yes, I know I need to pay it off next summer)... anyway... this allows me to use £100 per month of their money rather than my own to make £50! I'm just going to move it back into the current account a week or so later ready for the next month. The other £1300 can sit in my icesave account.
    :beer:
  • simpleguy_blr
    Options
    I realised that the SO has not been setup as my Bank wrote to me for further instructions, hence I have gone ahead and created a new SO using the A/c number and sort code provided on the Natwest Online Account for my e-Saver. This will happen on the 10th, and I am hoping that this should go through.

Hi,

The SO I setup from HSBC manually went through without any problems, the amount transferred is visible on my Natwest Online Banking, This just confirms that you can setup the SO from any bank once you have the details of your Natwest Account. :T
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Hi,

The SO I setup from HSBC manually went through without any problems, the amount transferred is visible on my Natwest Online Banking, This just confirms that you can setup the SO from any bank once you have the details of your Natwest Account. :T

Just out of "interest", are u planning to change the monthly payments date so that they go out on convenient days, reason I ask is that because mine wasnt set up in time to go out on 28th July, NatWest have set mine up to go out on 28th August and from 28th of the month thereafter, ideally id like the payments to go out on say a Monday but dont want to jeopodise the cashback.

Would suit me if it went out a few days earlier so that I could use it to pay the Council Tax at the start of the following month.
  • simpleguy_blr
    Options
    Just out of "interest", are u planning to change the monthly payments date so that they go out on convenient days, reason I ask is that because mine wasnt set up in time to go out on 28th July, NatWest have set mine up to go out on 28th August and from 28th of the month thereafter, ideally id like the payments to go out on say a Monday but dont want to jeopodise the cashback.

When Natwest tried to set it up for me through HSBC, HSBC requested further details from me as the details sent by Natwest was insufficient, I took my chances and instead of contacting HSBC and then getting them to do it, I setup the SO on my own as I had the Natwest account details.

Maybe worth transferring one pound by BACS method to see it this works, if the transfer goes through then that I think gives complete control over the date of transfer.

I am not sure if any of the above methods would jeopodrise the cash back !!
  • mahar
    mahar Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    hi

i already have an eSavings account, can i still qualify for this offer

spoke to natwest on the phone + they said no (but she sounded confused) - but website seems to say yes...

anyone know ?

cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family