We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MoneySupermarket's Insurance feedback

Comments

• Money supermarket did not recognise my house number and postcode. There is no facility to type in your own address. For me using the website is a total waste of time. Unfortunately this company does not realise how difficult it is to get custom and how easy it is to lose it. I will never bother with them again.
    :mad:
  • MSE_Wendy wrote: »
    It's changed to 'getting back your quotes' GreenMan - it's at the end of page 2.

Can anyone tell me where the marketing opt out for Moneysupermarket is? MSE Wendy I don't see this option?
  • Shadow2198 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the marketing opt out for Moneysupermarket is? MSE Wendy I don't see this option?

Just tried to use Moneysupermarket and bailed out when could find NO trace of a personal details opt out - mentioned in t&cs and privacy document, but just don't tell you where it is on the site, scrolled up and down pages nada, nothing nowt UTTERLY USELESS won't be using that site ever again!!!!!
  • Not sure why but after searching earlier in the month and today all it seems to come up with is 10 results..the cheapest being a good few hundred more than my renewal!

I do not consider having special insurance needs and in the past have managed to use the site to get better results.

Wonder what is going on??

Right off to the next engine :)
  • cc120
    cc120 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Switched to ovo energy via moneysupermarket.com. No expected welcome email from ovo energy after over a week. Moneysupermarket assured everything OK. After 10 days, still no welcome email from ovo energy. Contacted ovo energy who found no evidence of my application via moneysupermarket, but assured me that they would ensure I still receive money back offer of £30 for dual switch via moneysupermarket after ovo energy sort out the mix up. However, after finally receiving welcome pack from ovo energy was informed by ovo that I would have to contact moneysupermarket to find out about the possibilities of receiving the discount. As well as this, was to be charged £30 pounds more per month than I usually pay for gas and electric, so cancelled within my cool off period. Via gocompare am now switching to first utility.
  • I have just rang MS and asked them to remove me from their database after being rung by a load of aggressive insurance salesmen after getting a new motor quote.
    I made the mistake of downloading the MS App which had a hidden set of terms and conditions. Unintentiionally, I let the telemarketers into my life because MS think it is cool to bury the option to not be called somewhere less than obvious.
    Well, that's about 2k of business they lost this year. And I'll probably be getting a free meerkat!:mad:
  • Trying lots of different sites for this years car insurance quotes. In the order as recommended on the compare-cheap-car-insurance page of this site (sorry, not allowed to insert links yet, as a new member)... Moneysupermarket first.

Moneysupermarket has proved to be a pain yet again :mad:, (as per previous years). Sure it provides very low quotes but I highly recommend carefully checking all quotes on the insurers website as I've always found that they fail to get the correct info needed to provide an accurate quote.
    I jumped for joy at a quote of £255 as compared to my renewal of £500 but after checking, the corrected quote was actually £1,500. Quite a big difference don't you think?

In conclusion, Moneysupermarket is a bit of a waste of time for me but as it's very quick to get a quote, there's no harm in trying but a word of warning, check your quote very carefully otherwise you might find yourself uninsured.
  • targaid
    targaid Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Where do they hide the opt-out for direct marketing clls? MSE says it's hard to find in the article but don't say where it is (a modification needed to the text there, folks). I can usually find these things but cannot get locate it here.
  • Well, I am impressed and somewhat surprised but it really works. I previously got quotes from Parkers Compare and Go Compare and cheapest quote I could get was £500.

Through Tesco its £300 :-)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    targaid wrote: »
    Where do they hide the opt-out for direct marketing clls? MSE says it's hard to find in the article but don't say where it is (a modification needed to the text there, folks). I can usually find these things but cannot get locate it here.

MSE owned or about to be owned by Moneysupermarket
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.