Options
123457»

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Intr0 wrote: »
    This happened to me today, but to be fair. Just as I'd despaired looking for the page you request a refund and went to email them. I already had an email from them saying they are auto-refunding me without even being asked or pestered. I suppose it's just not worth it for a company of Amazon's size and reputation. And yes I did use my free trial to buy 2 things for free postage. but not after being charged the 49 pounds.

so why didnt you select to not auto renew?
  • Intr0
    Intr0 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 30 July 2012 at 4:04PM
    Options
    I didn't notice there was a separate auto-renew and cancel button. Effectively I was thinking of buying something from Amazon before the 1 month free trial finished. But didn't in the end and forgot to cancel.

Basically I thought disabling auto-renew would immediately cancel it and I wanted to use it 1 more time for free postage. Yeah I know, I didn't read it all, but who does? Most people don't.

On another note I loved the quickness of it, Amazon Prime is well worth it if you get more than 3 items a month. Although I only buy 5 or 6 items a year. so It's cheaper for me just pay each time. But it's definitly not what I'd call a con, the fact they refunded me without even asking is testament to that.:T
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Intr0 wrote: »
    But it's definitly not what I'd call a con, the fact they refunded me without even asking is testament to that.:T

Amen to that.

It's just a pity that most other people who come on here to complain about Amazon Prime do seem to think they've been conned, scammed, ripped-off, duped or auto-enrolled. :cool:
  • byjimini
    byjimini Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I remember flying round in a fit of rage when they took the money, but a phone call to them got me through to a great chap from Dublin who was incredibly helpful.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    byjimini wrote: »
    I remember flying round in a fit of rage when they took the money, but a phone call to them got me through to a great chap from Dublin who was incredibly helpful.

I assume the rage was all directed at the face you saw in the mirror? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure