Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2010 at 4:11PM
    Options
    im a fool that used prime for a month and paid no more

feel free to look over this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1800095&highlight=amazon+prime

eg
    Did none of you read this?
    Get FREE One-Day Delivery on This Order with Amazon Prime™
    Introducing Amazon's exclusive membership program that gives you and your household family members the benefits of unlimited FREE One-Day Delivery on eligible Amazon.co.uk purchases for just £47.97 a year.
    AMAZON PRIME - FAST, FREE, NO-HASSLE DELIVERY Learn more
    Place your order before the deadline displayed on the item detail page to get:
    Unlimited FREE One-Day Delivery on millions of eligible items
    Express Delivery (delivery before 1pm) for £4.40 per item
    Evening Delivery for £7.34 per item (London and Birmingham addresses)
    UNPARALLELED FLEXIBILITY
    No Minimum Purchase - never worry about meeting a threshold to get free delivery on millions of eligible items
    Share your benefits with up to four additional household family members and get even more value
    UPGRADE YOUR ORDER INSTANTLY
    We will upgrade your entire order to dispatch via Free One-Day Delivery, the moment you sign up
    Click the button below to start your Amazon Prime membership. We'll charge your credit card (MasterCard/EuroCard***-****) £47.97 for the next year, and annually after that as long as you want to remain a member. Your membership will automatically continue. If you prefer, you can set Your Account to "do not auto renew" and your payment method won't be charged for the next year. You can always request a refund of the most recent charge if your benefits haven't been used in the new term. If we're unable to charge the credit card above, we'll charge another payment method we have on file for you.

By clicking the button below, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions, and authorise us to charge the payment method above or another available on file.

Turn on 1-click ordering using my default Amazon Prime settings
    Upgrade my order and start my Amazon Prime membership for £47.97 now

prime1.jpg

prime2.jpg
  • rsykes2000
    rsykes2000 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    brasso wrote: »
    You're an inflammatory fool..

IMO, he isn't at all, just sick of people posting about how they were ripped off, scammed, stolen from etc, WHEN THEY DIDN'T READ WHAT THEY SIGNED UP TO. I'm another of the people that happily used Prime for a month and didn't pay. It is simple to avoid paying, all you do is take a little care and read what you should read.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »

Same here, it could not be more explanatory in the terms and when they cannot be bothered to read them properly they scream scam, unethical and misleading for something that is their own fault.
  • brasso
    brasso Posts: 795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

feel free to look over this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1800095&highlight=amazon+prime

eg

And I suspect it's largely because people like me made such a fuss that they've made the sign-up much clearer.

The lack of clarity was precisely the subject I argued with them about, and they've definitely improved it. Why would they change it if it was so transparent? I did actually talk to them about the way the deal was presented, both on the phone and by email. Part of my job is to design web forms, and I can assure you I'm more conscious of these things than most people.

They now seem to have dropped the trial, and instead have a link that you have to click on where the cost of the service is much clearer.

It has improved, but that said, I still think it is cynical of them not to confirm the transaction or the renewal by email, when they do so for all other transactions. They even send me regular emails about my affiliate account even though I have never earned a penny from it! It's that sort of attention to detail that makes them a model for other web traders IMO.
    "I don't mind if a chap talks rot. But I really must draw the line at utter rot." - PG Wodehouse
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Options
    brasso wrote: »
    And I suspect it's largely because people like me made such a fuss that they've made the sign-up much clearer.

The lack of clarity was precisely the subject I argued with them about, and they've definitely improved it. Why would they change it if it was so transparent? I did actually talk to them about the way the deal was presented, both on the phone and by email. Part of my job is to design web forms, and I can assure you I'm more conscious of these things than most people.

They now seem to have dropped the trial, and instead have a link that you have to click on where the cost of the service is much clearer.

It has improved, but that said, I still think it is cynical of them not to confirm the transaction or the renewal by email, when they do so for all other transactions. They even send me regular emails about my affiliate account even though I have never earned a penny from it! It's that sort of attention to detail that makes them a model for other web traders IMO.

those screen grabs are the way its always been.unless its even more clear now
    i really dont see the issue,i used prime way at the start and it was clear to me,before these threads started
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    im grumpy just now so i dont mind :D

Right!! who are you and what have you done to our calm custardy??

:p
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • janthemum
    Options
    I signed up for the free amazon prime offer beginning Nov last year. I also gave them my sons and OHs emails so we all had a month to do all our Christmas shopping and used it loads for free next day delivery just on things we were going to buy for christmas anyway.

I pencilled it into my diary the day before I needed to cancel. I did just this cancelled. It was easy. Saved a load. well chuffed.
  • dlotus205
    Options
    rwilts wrote: »
    SORRY,

I know this is not the place but cannot find anywhere else that fits! :confused:

I have made a school boy mistake - i agreed to months trial of Amazon Prime but forgot and 3 days ago they took £49-00 for the next 12 months. I will not get value for money as i buy very little from Amazon.

There is an option that says, If you havent used the preferential postal system you can cancel account. BUT what i cannot find anywhere is,

do i get my money back?

I cannot see any point in offering this option if you dont , but i dont want to cancel 3 days in if i loose any benefit for the next 362 days and dont get my money back.

SORRY again,

Hi rwilts!

You can cancel your Amazon Prime membership (except for any promotional trial memberships) and receive a refund of the membership fee if you or your registered guests have not made any eligible purchases. To do this, visit the Manage Your Prime Account section of Your Account and click the "Cancel membership" button.

Sucess to you!

Jenny
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All resolved over 7 months ago

dethr.jpg
  • Intr0
    Intr0 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    This happened to me today, but to be fair. Just as I'd despaired looking for the page you request a refund and went to email them. I already had an email from them saying they are auto-refunding me without even being asked or pestered. I suppose it's just not worth it for a company of Amazon's size and reputation. And yes I did use my free trial to buy 2 things for free postage. but not after being charged the 49 pounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure