Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Options

Comments

• BlueBoy77
    BlueBoy77 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can somebody help me with a query? It may sound silly, but it's something that has bothered me for sometime. If you enter a competition, that is a txt/phone comp, but has the option to enter online. Wouldn't the winner be chosen, from one of the txt/phone entries(as they've paid to enter) as opposed to somebody who has entered for free online.
    Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop, and look around once in a while. you could miss it. :cool:
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 June 2013 at 9:14PM
    Options
    BlueBoy77 wrote: »
    Can somebody help me with a query? It may sound silly, but it's something that has bothered me for sometime. If you enter a competition, that is a txt/phone comp, but has the option to enter online. Wouldn't the winner be chosen, from one of the txt/phone entries(as they've paid to enter) as opposed to somebody who has entered for free online.

All have the same odds,or at least they do on the ITV comps:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3725135&highlight=itv

You'll find that it may be better to post such as this in here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

More will notice it there :-)

HTH
  • BlueBoy77
    BlueBoy77 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah that's brilliant, thanks weeowens. :)
    Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop, and look around once in a while. you could miss it. :cool:
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    I have been away for a while and I can't work out how to list comps by date end order anymore, can anyone advise

thanks
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • Becky0306
    Becky0306 Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    dipsy wrote: »
    I have been away for a while and I can't work out how to list comps by date end order anymore, can anyone advise

thanks
    welcome back, :)..all the information on how to get started is given on page 1 of this thread, in particular posts 3 and 4, hope this helps, here's the link to post 3....x
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=12237911&postcount=3
  • evanscrittenmum
    Options
    Thanks for this comping guide! Useful for newbies like me. :-)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi VG, have sent you a pm the other day & not sure if anyone else has let you know,
    but at the moment (& for a few weeks now)
    we've only had 2 board guides on the comp board,
    divadee isn't bging at the moment & Mrs Tine isn't on comps board,
    so it's a bit awkward when replying with the comping guide page which refers to the 'sending a merge request' posts as the guide still has diva's/Mrs Tines name on,
    would be grateful if you could reply to pm/&/or here so's we know what to do when replying to/helping peeps who to send merge requests to, thanks x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I think this needs to be changed too Fire**fly.

You are right it's confusing & misleading to have listed Bg's who are not BGing at the moment

There will also be another one soon

xxx
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, all changed on the Guide for now, until the new BG uis selected and added to the Forum page. With Darren on his hols for a week I'll also add some wording in (temporarily) to reflect the current position!

Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Yep, all changed on the Guide for now, until the new BG uis selected and added to the Forum page. With Darren on his hols for a week I'll also add some wording in (temporarily) to reflect the current position!

Thank You :beer:

xxx
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business