Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Options

Comments

• sadie22
    sadie22 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    i hope i have entered this in the right place my son would like to enter some text competitions, ive brought him a cheap mobile sim free but is there any sim cards you would recommend ?
    i have only had contract phones so never used a sim.
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi sadie22
    You might be better posting this in the discussions area as not too many come in this section.I'm not too sure re sims as I do not enter text comps generally.I am on Virgin with my comp phone but this is mainly used to receive calls.I do make the odd call every few months to keep it live though.
  • kayteedee
    Options
    I was going to set up a new facebook account specifically for competitions and I am sure that I saw somewhere on this forum a thread that had details of other MSE compers looking to link up on facebook but I can't find it now. Is there a discussion of setting up facebook for comping somewhere in the forum?
  • onetreehillgrrl
    Options
    kayteedee wrote: »
    I was going to set up a new facebook account specifically for competitions and I am sure that I saw somewhere on this forum a thread that had details of other MSE compers looking to link up on facebook but I can't find it now. Is there a discussion of setting up facebook for comping somewhere in the forum?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2819090&highlight=facebook :)
    Never put tables and chairs in the same room.
    If they congregate together for any length of time, they will inevitably hatch plots against you and your pets.

Rohan Candappa
  • markwu
    Options
    Hi all,

I run a blog website and I've just posted a competition to win 3 dvd films. I've seen the rule about "No Advertising Of Own Websites", and it sounds like this is aimed at commercial websites since "advertising goods, services and/or companies" is mentioned.

In the light of this, would posting a link to my competition fall foul of this rule? My site doesn't sell any goods or services - it's basically a hobby site and if there is anything commercial about it, it would be some Google ads I have running on there.

Thanks!
  • kelvin1z
    Options
    Hi am kelvin and i want to get draft ?
  • richiehp
    Options
    I am finally done reading the Comping Guide! Thanks for all the info! :T
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi VG, have sent you a few other pm's regarding sites not wanting comps/answers posted, but, can see you've not been online for a while, am sure you'll find the others in your pm's when you log in :)

meanwhile this site..

Gore Press

are asking us not to post/put answers on for their comps,

links..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=41459154&highlight=#post41459154

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=41468046&posted=1#post41468046

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3071506&highlight=

thanks xx
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With regards to Gore Press they are re-directing anyone from mse who visits there site

so if you still want to enter there competitions copy and paste the link into the address bar or into a new tab or use Ref Control to hide the referral link ;)
  • littlebird_2
    Options
    Do people use their mobile or landline when entering comps - do you think it makes any difference when entering?

Also are WEM's obvious? Does it usualy say in the title - congratulations or comp winner? I get so much spam in my account and sometimes they have no subject - should I be checking all? A lot of the emails are obviously SPAM as you can tell by the email addresses.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport