Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Options

Comments

• jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I signed up for the equifax watch gold for the free trial and have now sent an email to them through the website asking to cancel. However I noticed when I was cancelling that I think I might have already had the free trial previously. I didn't remember this. What do you think will happen? Will they force me to pay the whole £70? Shouldn't it have warned me in the sign up process that I already had an account with them?
  • englishempire
    Options
    Hi, i have tried to cancel my Equifax subscription as their site is terrible and there is no need for me to continue with the monthly payments. Surprise surprise it is impossible to get any contact details and the bank can't stop the payments. Does anyone know what i can do to stop this??
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I think the postal stat report is the way to go.
    How frustrating for some of you who have had trouble x
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • englishempire
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know a current number for these people? I'm going through the red to severe stage of annoyance with these chumps.
  • Raine
    Raine Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I am also trying to cancel this subscription and I can't seem to get a number or email to do this. I have went through the process of trying to cancel online but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else had any luck recently?
  • rs8220
    rs8220 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Raine wrote: »
    I am also trying to cancel this subscription and I can't seem to get a number or email to do this. I have went through the process of trying to cancel online but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else had any luck recently?

I cancelled today using the online process and got email confirmation within 2 hours.

Free trial, easy cancellation, I really can't complain.
  • patnut
    patnut Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "If you want to cancel you can do so through this on-line system by going to the Ask a Question tab, picking your product and choosing the category 'I would like to cancel - my 30 day free trial."

For those who get stuck cancelling online follow instructions above this is what I did awaiting confirmation now.
  • Geef
    Geef Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have tried the free phine number and also the instructions to cancel on-line but no luck. I put in all the details, press next step and it want's email address and to set up a password, like I haven't got an account with them but I am logged in at the time.

I have also tried ringing their other number and it just hangs up on me saying they are busy!!

Any help would be great!
  • lizzie_b
    lizzie_b Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I cancelled my subscription a few months ago just be sending an email as outlined in the faq section.
    All done and dusted very easily.
    Little Monkey Born 26.08.14
  • aaran7
    aaran7 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hey everyone, heres a new number I rang today its not freephone but it is local rate and if you have free calls to local rate numbers it will be free for you

0207 2983000

the number is for the reception but they will transfer your call to customer services. please bare in mind that it will take long their call centre waiting time is rubbish, i waited 20 minutes to get through. I only set this up because three incorectly messed up my direct debit and i couldnt get any credit. now its sorted i finally after paying for three months have cancelled it. so beware if you use them lol make sure you write it somewhere.

good luck

Aaran
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family