🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Martin's Tart Alert

Options
This discussion relates to Martin's Tart Alert. Click reply to ask a question or discuss.

Please report any technical glitches you may find here as this is going out to everyone in an email on Monday.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes just to echo that request. The Martin Money Tips email is going out on monday about the tart alert and we are press releasing the new service.

If you find any glitches or have any thoughts about small changes to make it better/more effective. Please do let us know. It'd be appreciated

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Derek_Duval
    Options
    Great work martin ;D
    Just going to double check all my rate end dates, then go for it.
    Next year we'll be millionaires!
  • martingstraus
    Options
    This is an excellent initiative. Could this procedure be applied to Savings Accounts, where a bonus is valid for a limited period only?
  • Mortgageman
    Options
    Can I use this for other products like savings accounts intro bonuses ending?

It’s a very simple piece of technology. So if you enter ‘savings accounts’ into the text message that’s what you’ll receive

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1100005324,69788,
    I work for a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    ( I have ammeded this signature slightly, as I do not actively provide mortgage advice. However, I support and adhere to the moneysavingexpert mortgage broker code of conduct)
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    Weird,

I got the Money Tips 'Tart Alert' email but it was completely blank!!??

Did this happen to anybody else..??
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I filled this tart alert in several months back when you first came up with it. My halifax credit card intro period finishes on 17th march yet i have recieved no email alert.

I will need to check my other cards if it doesn't always work

my email adress is
    paul2louise@hotmail.com

can i check my details i've put in or do i need to put them in again

louise
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have already posted a question and have heard nothing. The tart alert is not working for me and now i think i've left it too late to get a new card to transfer the balance. Please you help me and tell me if any of other tart alerts are working

paul2louise@hotmail.com

Lou
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    I have not used the system so can't comment but I will raise this as a matter requiring urgent attention.
  • InsuranceLiability
    Options
    I haven't received mine either. Worth checking. Has anyone received them?
    Val :)
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    Before this turns into a string of "I did/did not get my alert" posts I'd just like to say I've alerted the site staff and technicians are now looking into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport