disicplinary at work-am soooo scared

Options

Comments

• hannahsmummy1
    Options
    Hi David

I am keeping a record of everythings thats been said, and am going to write down exactly what happened, etc. Im trying really really hard not to panic. The girl that does the HR in our place of work is the one thats sitting in on my meeting with me as my witness, shes also a really good friend, and she phoned me last night to see how i was etc, and try and explain to me what will happen, but last night- didnt have a clear head, am a bit more clear headed this morning!
    Now im debt free i want to be fat free too!
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    what did you do? (or didn't do?)
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Options
    if you show remorse then this really does stand you in good stead

I have chaired several disaplinaries and if there is remorse and it's a genuine error and is out of character then it is highly unlikely (depending on what you have done) that it will even come to a written warning
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been in the same sort of position as you (money I was supposed to bank was stolen from where it was locked in the boot of my car when I parked prior to going to the bank). What happened with me was that I got an official reprimand and a 'first warning' - it wasn't Gross Misconduct and therefore it was not a dismissable offence. There was a written warning put on my file for a year and then taken off. It sounds as if this is the sort of thing that will happen to you.

There should be a proper Disciplinary Procedure in place. Have you had a look at it? Obviously, whatever it was, it doesn't count as Gross Misconduct, so try not to worry. It was horrible and I was shaking for a week - and I didn't need to. Your employers are obviously sympathetic, so learn from my gibbering and try to stay calm. (Easier said than done!)
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • hannahsmummy1
    Options
    Thanks all

I have dug out my employee handbook, and have read all the disciplinary action chapters in there, and what they have to do etc, so i shall be making sure they follow it to the t. Thanks again!
  • hannahsmummy1
    Options
    I spoke to my friend who is sitting in with me, as she is HR in our place of work, she had to see if it was ok for her to sit with me, so it is fine. I am to go in for my normal shift on thursday (not sure if i was going to sacked would they still want me in?) And she assures me that i was not the hot topic of conversation today (another thing that was worrying me!!!)
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try to stop worrying. Whatever happens, it will be cope-withable. We will help you on here. Try to stop imagining all these scenarios.

You are concerned and sorry, and they know that. Do your job on Thursday to the best of your ability. And be pleasant and kind to everyone you encounter. That will make a great impression. Nobody ever wants to be in a position where they have to sack someone; they'll probably be looking for reasons not to, so make it easy for them.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    Options
    You've been given good advice on here and I can't add to it.

I know it's a horrible time - you've just got to live through it. keep in your mind that we are all rooting for you here, and no matter what, this will be nothing more than a memory in a few weeks time.

Good luck - hope it goes okay

x
  • hannahsmummy1
    hannahsmummy1 Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Had my letter today to tell me that i have to go in for an 'investigation' it does not mention suspension (and i already spoke to my boss who said i wasnt suspended) And it only mentions that there 'may' be disciplinary action, not that there definately will be. Guess its just a case of the waiting game now, going to try and enjoy the rest of the day now tho, as its my wedding anniversary & i just passed my driving test after the 6th attempt!!!
  • matthewcarlrose
    Options
    Hello, Havent posted here that much but reading this moved me to get off my butt.

First off the advice above is all sound, its been said before - but calm down and dont panic - look at it from a logical point of view. Most places will give you several warnings before they dismiss you and the fact that you are not suspended is working in your favour (ie doesnt sound toooo serious!)

Buy the sounds of it, this is the first time you have dropped the ball like this, so I would imagine they are more interested in finding out why one of there good employees made a mistake and how to stop it from happening again!

I'll wish you luck, but you wont need it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure