disicplinary at work-am soooo scared

Hi All

Just wanted to come on and have a whinge (again) I made a HUGE mistake at work last night, and whilst i hold my hands up and admit it was my fault, it was a genuie mistake. Albeit a very big one. I was in tears last night, have not slept a wink because i now face disciplinary action, i have not been suspended but must go in on friday for an investigation into what happened. This is the first time i have ever done anything like this, and it happened in what were stressful circumstances (but i keep telling myself that this is not an excuse) One of my bosses told me that they were unlikely to sack me as everyone makes mistakes, but i am soooo scared that i will lose my job. I have never been in serious trouble ever at work or anywhere else for that matter. I have a few important engagements this week and now i cant concentrate on them (and i needed to be able to concentrate) i just feel a complete mess, and cant believe how stupid i was. I spoke to a really good friend at work who does the hiring and firing, and she also said they would be unlikely to sack me because of this incident, but if anyone who has knowledge of disicplinaries or gross misconduct would mind PM'ing me and i could give you all the information if you would give me some advice!
Now im debt free i want to be fat free too!

Comments

• pm'd you x
    Fight for clean hospitals, C-DIFF takes lives :cry:

Baby number 2 due 27th March 2009!:j
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Take someone with you into the meeting on Friday, union rep if you are a member, failing that another member of staff.

Friday is a long way off, arrange to have someone with you and talk to them. Share whats on your mind, you'll feel better for it.
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • Hi

I am taking a good friend in with me, i spoke to her last night, and it was a weight off my mind tbh. I also spoke again to one of my managers last night, he had rung me to tell me they were going to send a letter out about my meeting this friday. Am just so scared. My boss told me not to assume the worst, but you cant help it can you?!
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hannahsmummy

Take it as a good sign that your work is communicating with you (aside from sending the formal letters). If they are bothering to advise you that they are unlikely to sack you, then they must care about you, must appreciate your contribution to the company and must realise that you are upset and sorry.

There is nothing much you can do until Friday, except maybe pop to the Citizen's Advice Bureau. They may be able to talk you thro what is likely to happen. They can also maybe help you write out what you want to say so that you feel that you can be prepared as you go into the meeting.

Try not to let it disrupt your other engagements (easily said I know).

Best of luck.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • santashelper_2
    santashelper_2 Posts: 1,446 Forumite
    Try not to worry i know its hard but dont become a prisioner to work there are many other things in our lifes that are important and im sure if you have always been so concientious you will be fine, remember we all make mistakes and dont take all the blame on your shoulders companys have to face up to the fact that they are as much to blame in these situations with cut backs in the amount of employees they have now so everyone is under more pressure.

You will be fine and if they come down to hard remember you are worth more than that and if you have the right attitude which sounds like you do in your post you can find another job easily where they will appreciate you have a lot of good qualities.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains,
    because the average man can see better than he can think.

Many people's view of the world is down to their experience, perception and what they have been conditioned to,this isnt any old MSE reply this is a important and experienced MSE reply :rotfl:
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Why not write down exactly what happened while it is still fresh in your mind, each step from getting into work to leaving for the night.

Also, write down the deviation from procedure, and anything which affected that deviation, eg advice or instruction from a manager, distraction by other staff member or customer, mind elsewhere etc.
  • Hi All

I just spoke to CAB, who were very very helpful. They told me to make a written note of whats been said and by who etc- so am going to do that. Im trying very hard to put whats happened at the back of my mind, at least until friday! Im due to get the letter of when my meeting is tomorow, so i will see what that says. My boss didnt say that i had been suspended (which im assuming he would have done if i had?) But again i guess the letter will tell me too (although i hope not) Thanks for all your replies! xx
  • are you in a union?its well worth joining one if you're not.can you tell us where you work(are you allowed to on here?)your situation sounds similar to what happened to me in january
  • Angel shopper, i have pm'd you.
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Keep a record of everything that has been said or letters they send to you. Write down exactly what happened at work in a chronological order and list the steps you took etc.
    Do not panic and just admit faults etc. It does seem that work understand the situation, do you have a HR department you can talk to?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure