we need a morale boost on this forum

Options

Comments

• JPS29
    JPS29 Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Dalip I know what you mean about the good uns leaving, ( I was gutted when phil left and I'd only spoke to him over the last month or so)

I for one am here for a long time to come, to fill you in on my next 11 months of BR and then the xxx years of BRO:rotfl: :rotfl:

There are some cracking people still left on here, like yourself, Rich, fermi, tiger, wdiag, (mad)max:p so although it definitely wont be the same, we can all pull together and make it a good place to be.

BTW, Im a gym freak and tea total, do they serve J20 or non alcoholic lager in the inn???:confused:
  • Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Options
    Well I mainly have decaf coffee so I'm sure we can find you something non alcoholic :)
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

• GettingHopeful
    Options
    Just to say haven't been here long but have picked up loads and now its payback time. Will be here for next 11 months - though perhaps not every day - at least and rely on those little red triangles.
    Bankrupt 11th June 2008
    Automatic Discharge 11th June 2009
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    dalip school photo....

AloudBIG_468x609.jpg

Well, unless the photos Dalips being sending me are fakes, she's got much better legs than these gals. Not that I'm complaining, they're a beautiful vista, but I prefer my girls with fuller, more feminine thighs.:o:o:D
  • Merry_Gentry
    Options
    And what's wrong with chubby?!!!!
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000

• Richard_S
    Options
    you mean chubby?....

I like my ears to be warm Max.:D:D
  • Merry_Gentry
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    I like my ears to be warm Max.:D:D

:eek::eek::rotfl:

• LilyBart
    LilyBart Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Options
    Eeuw! I wonder if that hotel knows what it's in for!
    Dalip, this (I mean the board, not your school photo) has definitely been a life-saver. Please consider your morale boosted, if not your morals.
    Lily
  • scaredwitless32
    Options
    When I joined last year, this forum was totally different , I think, to how it is now.
    To me, it seemed that the 'Inn ' was THE place to go for a little light humour, de-stress, have a bit of a laugh. . It's not like that here now, nearly every thread has a bit of banter, silly pictures and jokes in it. Now before you all jump on me , I DO agree that there has to be some relief to the stresses of the bussiness of BR, but that should maybe be done in one place like the 'inn' and not spread across the main forum. I think it takes away the gravity of BR totally!.
    I guess what I'm saying is, the seriousness of this forum has to a degree been lost. I can totally understand why this place attracts TROLLS. If I was struggling to pay my debts and came across this forum at times I would be shocked :eek: by some of the questions and advice given. I also think that anyone reading this forum with problems will feel that maybe BR isnt such a big thing afterall :confused:
    I maybe wrong, but I thought Phils post also hinted along the same lines, I dont think that it was just the Trolls or that it was time to move on, (althougn I would think that it did play a major part) but I took from his post that he didnt like the 'tone' either.

:confused: just my opinion
  • Richard_S
    Options
    Hi scaredwitless,

I can understand your thoughts on whether a forum like this should have a more sombre tone about it, and I'm as guilty as the next person of posting not so serious comments, but I think that humour does help to lift the gravity of the situation.

Bankruptcy is a very serious subject, and quite rightly it shouldn't be taken lightly, but neither should people think its the ened of the world just because they find themselves in that situation.

I've been around here for a long time now, and I don't post as often as I used to, but the nature of the place does change as people come and go. Sometimes it's funny; other times its deadly serious, but it does offer a huge resource for people who are struggling and think that life can never be fun again.

Our bankruptcy was as a result of a business gone bad, and the only reason I still post is that I'm not yet in a position where I can get back into business. I'm an employee; we both are, and as such I do have the time to post that I almost certainly wouldn't have if we were running our own business.

I've seen all manner of abusive and degrading posts about bankrupts, and I never fail to defend people who find themselves in that position, reagrdless of how it happened; you can't have an irresponsible borrower without an irresponsible lender. There's no reason for anybody to spoil the quality of their life with recriminations about the past.

Regards

Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family