we need a morale boost on this forum

Options
MORN FOLKS

Just wanted to say that since the departure of some of the very respected members of this forum,it seems to have taken a nose dive. I for one felt a great loss and dissapointment at them leaving and just hope that some day they feel able to return and give this forum the benefit of their knowledge. I have noticed a certain reserve on some threads,especially the inn, is not used as it once was. I know those that left were big drinkers,but that should make it easier to get to bar:D .

In order for us not to loose anymore valued members i feel we should not reply to those who wish to purely incite trouble:rolleyes: ,not feed the trolls but report them and generally stick together. We are here for support,advice and gneral help. It would be such a shame if a handful of people out to cause trouble,stop this forum from being the respected place it is.

This forum was a life saver for me 7 mths ago,some of you may think i am being dramatic,each to their own,but believe me it did save my life an my sanity.

Lets get back to doing what this site intended helping others. Lets put a bit of umpf(is that a word:D )back into the place. I know it will never be quite the same without the others but hey it can still be close.

Ok, said how i have felt about this since last wk. Feel free to post any views on this subject. I would be interested to know if it's just me that is getting this feeling,perhaps its the time of the mth:o ,or if others sense this too.Dalip
Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    This forum does go through some ups and downs.

It went for ages a while back where the "Inn" wasn't visited at all.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks fermi i thought it was just me,i know the inn is not the same without them,flat like. Not having been here that long i have not seen it happen so maybe it will go back to "normal".D
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    dbrn687l.jpg
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Dalip, your morals may need boosting but many of us are quite moral enough already!

(Sorry,I was intrigued by your thread title and then couldn't resist it!)
  • creditmonkey_2
    Options
    Hi everybody, tis a shame a few bad apples spoil such an informative and supportive thread,some if not most of the oldtimers should be able to deal with the odd low life having survived much worse assaults on the mind.the sort of people/trolls that post thier mindless rants/windups on this site will have i can gaurantee a sh8te life with nothing better to do and ill bet a gripe against people in our situation.to this end i say to the trolls... unlucky losers...and i hope your bits fall off, i could go on but i wont.LONG LIVE THIS FORUM AND THE BEUTIFULL PEOPLE THAT HELP THE MANY CONFUSED AND WORRIED SOULS THAT POST HERE.
  • Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Options
    Not been here long enough to say whether it has changed or not, but I do know that I am much more guarded in my posts since my experience with a troll. This forum is for people considering or going through bankruptcy - if people feel that is taking the easy way out and get upset then perhaps they should look elsewhere on MSE.

I still have a lot to get through - the OR, life as a bankrupt - and I hope to be able to share, get help and provide help to others whilst i travel this road :)
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

• skylight
    Options
    I don't think that its just trolls etc. After being on a forum for a while, stating the same thing over and over, because people cannot be bothered to search (erm... I do that to though!) then you do get a bit bored I suppose.

And after BR is over and you've spent time helping others, you also want to move on with your life.

Don't blame those who have left for wanting to leave - its not just trolls.
  • skylight
    Options
    And the issue with trolls here is simply that there are others who love to see people wallowing in their own misfortune. Some have nothing better to do than to deliberately make others cry - its makes them feel big about themselves and their own pathetic lives that they cannot deal with.
  • dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Options
    Dalip, your morals may need boosting but many of us are quite moral enough already!

(Sorry,I was intrigued by your thread title and then couldn't resist it!)

Hey that exactly the sort of thing i am talking about. Those sort of spontainious(sorry spelling)jokey replies. Thanks. No offence taken quite the opposite in fact.D
  • Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    Options
    Well said skylight. BR isn't something most people want to wallow in for the rest of their lives, they come, they post then they move on.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family