July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I went into Mr T to get a drink and spent £6.64, on offers (basil pot, 60p, strawbs £1.50, clementines x 2 85p, Gu Chocolate brownies £1.98 - the picture looked soooo good). Anyway, the chocolate brownies were rubbish - for what they cost anyway - they are usually £4 :eek:. They weren't very chocolatey, and the texture was pretty slimy, not cake like at all. Serves me right for being lured in by a picture!

Then I nipped to Lidl and spent £9.82 - bought quite a lot of frozen stuff, some yoghurts, some broth mix, pretzels and bread flour, so I can finally make HM bread. I can't remember who was saying about peach flavour ice tea from Lidl, but I could only find lemon flavour?

Tesco online have an offer on Kerrygold butter 250g - 2 for £1.50 - it does not come up on MySupermarket

Does anyone have any good pasta salad recipes, as I want to start taking them to work with me for lunch. I particularly like Honey and Mustard flavour chicken :)

I want to make a yoghurt cake, as I have a 400g tub of yoghurt that needs using, but do not have a round cake tin. Think i will just make it in a loaf tin instead.
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Sosh
    Sosh Posts: 175 Forumite
    *BigBird* wrote: »
    Oh, and not sure if this is a GC thing, but does anyone have any tips for getting blood out of clothes? Seem to remember soaking them in salt water is good, but not sure if I'm making that up!!!

It won't help you now, but for future reference, if possible, get the person whose blood it is to spit on it while it's still wet. It has to be person who's bleeding as only their enzymes will dissolve their blood.
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good evening all

we have blown the budget,spent £15.57 @ MrT s, and not had a very good day so I will say goodnight

cute-puppy-pictures-outside-needs-h.jpg

see ya tomorrow
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Sosh wrote: »
    It won't help you now, but for future reference, if possible, get the person whose blood it is to spit on it while it's still wet. It has to be person who's bleeding as only their enzymes will dissolve their blood.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

*BigBird* Just soak asap - while the bloods still wet if possible. no need to use spit :rolleyes:

((((Hugs)))) KAAT_LADY
    :A
  • cammumof3
    cammumof3 Posts: 121 Forumite
    annelouise wrote: »
    cammumof3

1kg mince,400g pork mince - mix in large bowl
    Add 1/2 red pepper finely chopped,1 onion finely chopped,dash mixed herbs,dash ginger,s&p,egg white to bind.

Roll into small balls and coat in flour.

Chill 2 hours or more.

Fry in oil of choice,I finish mine off in oven just in case they are not done in the middle.Serve with spaghetti and sauce of your choice.

annelouise

Oh thank you so much.
    I will be making some as soon as.
    Not got all the stuff in so cant do them yet...DAM
    But thanks any way
    Caz:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    July 185.19/200/Aug=170.25//200//sept=81.24/200. 2adults,3 kids + 2 dogs.
    my home page=3.45.Sealed challenge pot=NO-276.
    BOGOF's=16.94/whoopsi=13.12/vouchers=7.70/Wilko's saving stamp 24 pounds/2 pound pot ?count 1/12/08
    Daily Clicks=27.96
  • *BigBird*
    *BigBird* Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    Sosh wrote: »

OH really wants to try this now!!! Weirdo!
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Blairweech wrote: »

Tesco online have an offer on Kerrygold butter 250g - 2 for £1.50 - it does not come up on MySupermarket

I noticed this earlier and added it to my trolley but at the end when I tried to use a money off code as well it said I could only have either the money off code OR the Kerrygold butter? For some reason the butter has its own online code. (I obviously took the Kerrygold off as I wanted to use my money off code and also because Country thingy butter is on offer 2 for £1.60 I think).
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Moniker wrote: »
    Mascarpone and Lime Torte

This recipe came from a Sainsbury’s recipe card. You could also do this with a lemon, but it might need a bit more sugar I think.

Moniker

ooh that's the one I was going to post :-)) You can do it with lemons, no
    prob - I like mine sharp. I've also done it with orange using hobnobs as the base - perhaps twinks could be used :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tend to decorate the lime one with finely grated dark choc and a few twists of lime zest. I have done the frosted grapes but didn't like them. One time I also did choc leaves using melted dark choc on (clean!) rose leaves - looked good

Gt
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • SAV3R
    SAV3R Posts: 222 Forumite
    Just a quick sig update, received delivery from MrT. We had booked slot 9-11pm for cheapest evening delivery, it arrived at 8.50 and we were the last drop. Apparently not many having deliveries at the moment in our area and those who do are having less. Must admit with the rising costs I would be thinking twice but only recently learnt about the codes on here that cancel out the delivery charge.

Managed to get some of the cake decorations which are still at the reduced prices, kids will be happy.

Spent most of the day searching on here for ways to reduce our outgoings, feel as if I'm going round the bend. Will it be possible to manage on 1 wage? OH doesn't seem to think so, but he doesn't get the stress I do, he seems able to switch off to all problems.
  • Kaz2904 wrote: »

Don't know if anyone has any suggestions but DS is really thin (still wearing 12-18 months shorts and he's 5 in December) but also quite tall. Does anyone know where I might be able to get him some school trousers that actually fit him? Thanks, Kaz.

Apologies if already been mentioned(not got to end of posts yet!!) I find BHS have a good range in their 'fit the nation' lot My DD is 10 long legs no waist bit like a bean pole. ;) (Doesn't get it off me:rotfl: )BHS were the only trousers that fitted her they have adjustable waists but are not bulky once adjusted (unlike some! that have yards of material left on the hips) they are quite slim legs as well They do do the other end of the scale as well so best to ask in store to get right range. We got given a BHS voucher from school offering 20% off school wear on 30th July so good offer And M&S are doing 3 for 2 on schoolwear but they were an aweful fit!!!!
    HTH
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure