Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

July 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 179

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 304.7K views

Replies

• KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon

Dink

You have reminded me my cat needs a blood test for his thyroid will have to make an appointment on monday to see if the tablets are at the right strength,, he is seventeen years old so I have to watch him dont want to lose him,,,, he does not like bad weather,,you can see him going downhill in this weather ,,,wish it would warm up just for a bit as it may be his last summer,, we nearly lost him last christmas so I am not looking forward to this winter
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    thanx to you all for your kind words........i'm feeling loads better now :D

went to Mr M's but there weren't many whoopsies to be had.........just battered tins of beans and tomatoes but i've already got hundreds of those hidden under the bed :rolleyes: didn't think i should get anymore!!

managed to have a nice quiet day so far, and i'm gonna go and do some x-stitch in a bit whilst DD18 & DS15 are out for the afternoon

had a good look round the house whilst i was doing the h/work, and it really needs de-cluttering!! think i'll be having a nosy at the thread on it to give some ideas. its mainly cupboards that want emptying and tidying up, and trying to find homes for all the stuff lying about

i'm hoping Ruby's gonna be a mum by the end of August, so i want to make sure everywhere's all done/clean by then ( Ruby's my lickle yorkie btw!) so i can concentrate on the pups

just noticed earlier my fridge freezer isnt working properly :mad: the freezer's ok, but the temp won't come down on the fridge ......... its a frost free, and i don't think the fan's cutting in on the fridge so the 'super' button keeps kicking in.......gonna have to call a flippin repair man out in the mornin. i'm so annoyed, its only JUST out of warranty, cos its only 18months old :mad:

other than that i'm having a good day! hope everyone's being good and thrifty :D

edit: oh kaat lady i hope your cat's ok and gets on ok at the vets.....my dogs are my babies and i hate them being poorly (((hugs))) to you sweetheart xx

• shezzashezza Forumite
    127 posts
    Afternoon everyone. Thankfully I have stopped falling over today (little touch of vertigo I think over the last few days (no wine I promise :D)) long enough to have made a few things, I have made Curry Queens base sauce then made the chicken bhuna for lunch, was going to attempt the naan bread but didn't have any yoghurt. I have also made the weetabix brownies (v v yummy :rotfl:) and some chocolate chip muffins (still cooking - smell very nice).

Still need to update my signature but I am stilll well on track, this challenge has really kept me on my toes, I am so please I joined :T.

• URGENT HELP NEEDED-ABOUT TO PUT RASPBERRY MUFFINS IN OVEN FOLLOWING RECIPE FROM POST 6. BUT NOT SURE WHAT TEMP...IT DOESN'T SAY...HELP!! sft
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 posts
    URGENT HELP NEEDED-ABOUT TO PUT RASPBERRY MUFFINS IN OVEN FOLLOWING RECIPE FROM POST 6. BUT NOT SURE WHAT TEMP...IT DOESN'T SAY...HELP!! sft

Gas 6/200C ;)
    :A
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • gunsandbanjosgunsandbanjos Forumite
    12.2K posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    I cook my muffins at 180 if thats helpful
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Thanks Angelnikki-Just turning the oven up.
    Thanks Gunsandbanjos-Thats about what we thought.
    Its our first attempt so we're very excited.
    Just about to start making a couple of fish pies.
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • turbo5019turbo5019 Forumite
    330 posts
    Just popped in to update sig. NSD toady but did spend £8.51 at Mr A yesterday.
    Finding this month hard due to DH being home all he wants to do is spend.
    I am now cooking me first ever home grow new potatoes and can't wait to see what they taste like.:T will update later what they are like also having home grown runner beans and carrots so a cheap tea.:j
    GC £7.79/£225 per month ~ wk1 £ 7.79/ £50
  • Popping some grated courgette in the frying pan to add to pasta pesto,garlic bread is in.Friend over playing Monopoly just now.

Already done shopping list for tomorrow as per menu plan for next 3 days as kids are off I like to shop frequently for F & V.Need some baking items cheap and on list.

Looking at spending no more than 10 euro's tomorrow including icecream treat for kids smoothies and desserts,at way expensive kids party Tuesday (quad bikes,horse riding,jacuzzi,pool etc etc )so no lunch needed.

Have popped some leftover pasta cooling on the side for someones ,garlic bread leftovers is better today than yesterday!!!!Odd that

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • Hi, I am really busy at the moment - life will slow down in a month's time, but at the moment I don't have time to read the posts.

However, I just wanted to say that I am still recording my grocery spends, thanks to all you on the site here, and it is helping me to spend less. So thanks to EVERYONE.