PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Sosh
    Sosh Posts: 175 Forumite
    Evening, I haven't posted for a few days, it's been really busy. We had a family bbq to celebrate my birthday on Tuesday. I made a victoria sponge for dessert. Not much I know, but everyone was shocked as I'm not known for my baking skills :p

MIL, who is a fantastic cook, said it was lovely! High praise indeed.

SIL has a day off tomorrow, so we are taking the kids off to legoland. We have entrance vouchers via tesco and are taking a big picnic, so hopefully it shouldn't cost too much.
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
  • fertyskids
    fertyskids Posts: 138 Forumite
    Thanks Suzi, i will save this thought if things dont improve. today darling hubby gave him jars for both meals but i was able to get him to eat peas off the highchair table. its a start. thanks again karen
  • brummiebabe
    brummiebabe Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Haven't got round to posting yet.....can you put me down for £400 for this month please?? This is for 2 adults, 3 children (one in nappies) and includes all food, packed lunches, cleaning stuff, toiletries and contact lens solutions!
    It's also a 5 week month for me:eek:

So far I've spent £116.78 - but have all nappies, wipes, loo rolls etc for the month!:rolleyes: Feel like I'm wishing my DD's life away...can't wait until I can potty train her (she's 20 months now) so I won't have the nappy expense!!:rotfl:
    20p Saver Club #33 60p/£100
    Christmas Saving £0/£1300

Saving Target 2014 £25/£1000
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I'm very sorry if my post offended anyone. There is no difference though between doing this and scanning vouchers for stuff you've not bought though. If the store wanted the vouchers they would have taken them or not blocked up the voucher hole in the self scanner tills.
    Claws away thanks Ladies/Gents.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    wendywitch

You need to select what you want to cross out and then click on the button with an s on it with a strike through it like [strike]S[/strike] ;)

Or the other way to do it is to type [Strike ] (without the space) before what you want to strike through and then put [/strike ] (without the space) at the end.

Kaz I dont think anyone on here has ever promoted scanning vouchers for items they've not brought though. The reason I commented on your post is because so many people on here manage on a low budget without having to resort to using scams to do so. If the supermarket is at fault for not taking the voucher from you then why state in your post that you went back to scam again?

nikki
    x
    :A
  • 1ubthrifty
    1ubthrifty Posts: 137 Forumite
    OOOw this is exciting, my first post. Can I join the grocery challenge please? I think I'll set my target for £400 this month for a family of four. This may seem high but at the moment I spend much more, somewhere near £600! I don't really know where I go wrong, this may help me be more aware of what I'm spending on.

I will start on the 1st July. :j
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hiya
    Well, i've gone over this month - £325.32 BUT, there's always a but, i've stocked up on quite a lot of essentials to last ages so shouldn't have to do that again. Basically, if it's on bogof i'm buying lots if I know it will get used and won't go off. I'd like to go for £325.00 for July and see if I manage that before I lower it again. Thanks again for the thread xx
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    i know its not that interesting but ive only just noticed i got another star!!! :j :j :dance: ... this site is addictive as when i used to smoke... well at least i save money rather then spending far far too much :rotfl: xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • fertyskids
    fertyskids Posts: 138 Forumite
    Hi everyone, it takes ages to catch up on the post each day. worth it though, im going to efinately try a few of the suggestions ive had for the baby.

i have another query, does anyone have any recipes for a slow cooker. pref using chicken, pork or sausages? i can only do chicken and sausage casserole at the mo. also is it cheaper to use a slow cooker or the oven (mines an electic fan oven).

thanks so much for all your support. this site is the only thing at the mo that keeps me positive in trying to save at least £400 a month, now im not working. were selling our 2nd car, hubby has finally agreed to use bicycle or motorbike, not that much of a hardship!

thanks karen
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I heard somewhere that a slow cooker only used around 1p per hour in electricity. Don't know for sure though I'm afraid.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure