Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,746 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    School has finished!!! 6 weeks of freedom!!!! As long as I don't kill 'em. Got over half of my Avon delivered. yes for those of you interested my posterior is killing me.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol. Im sure youll be fine. Both your kids and um, the other part lol
  • lucielle
    Options
    I have a secret stash of chocolate and plenty of deep heat!!!! Will get through this.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • lucielle
    Options
    Feeling a bit fed up at the moment. I have added all our debt payments up for this month and it totals £1192.74:eek: I just think about what this money could be spent on. I would love to own our own house and especially now that the prices seem to be falling around here. I am so lucky oh has a good wage otherwise I think we would be done for. I still feel guilty that I don't earn enough to help out. For example he has taken on extra work which means he will be on call for the next 3 weeks including weekends:eek:

I think just while the summer holidays are on I will possibly only make minimum payments I know this isn't very DFW but it will ease the pressure for a while. DD1 is going skiing in January with school and I still have some of the trip to pay for. The plan is to use the dinner money saved over the 6 weeks to make up the shortfall. I have had to send off for a passport for her which cost £46.

On a more positive note we are doing a car boot on Sunday so keep everything crossed for good weather. The money we make is going to go towards our London break, we are house sitting for my sister whilst she is away. She has kindly paid for tickets for us to go and see Momma Mia.:T The children really fancy London Dungeon. We are traveling down by train and already bought the tickets. I still have to get the family rail card and I should get some money back through pigsback.

Have well and truly gone over on the shopping budget as I spent £22.11 at the fruit and veg shop.:mad:
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel Lucielle, I think of all the things I could have used the money on, but in the other hand, its making you who you are now and when you come out the oth side of this...you will be that much wiser and may just treasure what you spend on it more. I know I will anyway :-)
    I think every now and then, minimum payments is the way forward, if only to regain sanity and give yourself, OH and kids a treat.
    Theatre should be great, heard its getting great reviews, I was reading yesterday that you can get yearly passes for £375 for a family of 4, but it does give you access to Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE and the Dungeons. If you like that sort of thing, bit pricey but if you are a regular at these places could be good.

Think of the health benefits of the fruit and veg, I went over mine buying sweets lol.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Unfortunately we are way up north so it is an annual visit. Looking forward to going on the train as it will give oh a break from driving as I don't do London!
    L
  • Seaxwyn
    Seaxwyn Posts: 4,896 Forumite
    Options
    HI Lucielle, I hope you have a fab time in London. I lived in London for years and now go there most weeks for work but I still love it.

I completely agree with you hating paying so much on debt. Every time I walk past a travel agents I think about how one month's debt payments could buy me a fortnight in Mexico or whatever tempting offers they have. Still, we're in this situation for whatever mixture of reasons, and all we can do is work our way out of it.
    Total debt: 1 January 2007 £[strike]49,387.79[/strike] 1 January 2012 £[STRIKE]19,312.85[/STRIKE] 1 August 2012 £11,517.62

• lucielle
    Options
    Hi Seaxwyn, nice of you to post. I know it will be a long haul and baby steps but it just gets so boring, can't do this that or the other but that kind of thinking is what got us into this mess.

Anyway on a brighter note the postie has been and brought me a letter. We have been in dispute with CSMA as they had 'lost' 2 payments back in April and were charging late fees and reverting the card from 0% to something ridiculous. Anyway today they have finally 'found' the missing payments so from owing £674.58 we now owe..........wait for it..........£57.19!!!! I need to clear this then I can do a balance transfer as Abbey National card is ending its 0% at the end of next week. So I feel a bit brighter. Better go as ww3 has just borken out.
    L
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,365 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the 'found' £600.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    Options
    Done masses of washing as kitten likes to mark his territory by peeing on everybodies clothes. Well a couple of things are going to be missing by Monday tea time! He has got an appointment at the vets.

Spent a whole lot of the day moving clothes from there draws under their beds and finding things needing washing. Have also got a dining room table groaning with items for the car boot. I will try to get everything priced tomorrow night. Got work in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family