Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,746 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just been on phone to boss, apparently she thought she had told me 9.00 to be in and I thought she said that she was going to phone..... so I could've been in work. Very cross with myself because if I hadn't been stubborn and just phoned I would have some money! In my defence if she needed me why didn't she phone to see if everything was ok?
    Sold 2 hens yesterday that money will go into there pot for food etc. Working tomorrow so I will hopefully get some money as the farrier is coming on Thursday. Just in the middle of cooking Sunday lunch. Oh should be back from work shortly and then he is busy with his own business. Done 2 loads of washing nut it is pouring down here. I hate having washing all over the house but I also hate having to use the tumble drier. I still have a load on the line from yesterday that got soaked. Everywhere is covered in sand from going to the beach yesterday and the hoover is playing up. Things can only get better.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Indeed it will get better.
    I agree though your boss should have called at some point to see why you hadnt turned up. Very reassuring. Never mind, at least you had a good friday night.
  • WorkingHardDFW
    WorkingHardDFW Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you had a productive and busy weekend :cool:
    Working Hard to be Debt Free - one day :A soon
    DFW Long Hauler 74; Mortgage overpayments MFiT-2 challenger 100
    Total Nov07 £36000, Sep10 £1623:o:)
  • lucielle
    Options
    Thanks for replying, felt like I was talking to myself. Just popping on as the tennis has stopped due to the rain. i would like Nadal to win oh wants Federer to win so things are very tense at this end.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • lucielle
    Options
    Did 3 hours work today, got paid which also included some owing from last week. Back in again tomorrow. Fingers crossed I have enough for Thursday when the farrier comes. Oh has gone to do a job for his business should be a few billable hours as he doesn't think he will get it completed tonight and will have to go tomorrow night. He has got quite a few bits to list on e-bay but the money will go into his business.
    L
  • WorkingHardDFW
    WorkingHardDFW Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you are making steady progress lucielle. All these extra hours here and there soon add up.

Have you thought about/tried ebaying stuff. I've been doing it for a while and whilst its not generated mega bucks its probably knocked a good few hundred off our debt and when our LBM was flickering it bought us some bits of the house which previosuly would have been cc'd.

I wanted Federer to win but it was a fantastic match all round!
    Working Hard to be Debt Free - one day :A soon
    DFW Long Hauler 74; Mortgage overpayments MFiT-2 challenger 100
    Total Nov07 £36000, Sep10 £1623:o:)
  • lucielle
    Options
    WHDFW I do sell on ebay but it is part of a small business I have. Even though I haven't put any money in, it isn't able to pay anything out at the moment. The accountant is coming next week for oh and me so I'm not looking forward to that one. I am doing a carboot on the 12th July so the children are frantically sorting through their bits and bobs.
    I liked Federer but I thought it was time somebody else had a go, I seem to support the underdog.
    L
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening lucielle - fingers crossed for the weather at the weekend for you, then! Round here the forecast is atrocious :eek:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • lucielle
    Options
    OOps silly me put the wrong date in for the car boot, that isn't until 27th. However hypno please keep those fingers crossed as it is the music festival and the cubs and scouts are fund raising by selling bacon butties, sausage sandwiches and cakes so the weather still needs to behave (also needs to be nice tomorrow as its sports day)
    Just going to peg the washing out and then off to work for a few hours. Catch up later
  • lucielle
    Options
    Well not a very DFW day today. I bought OH 2 pairs of jeans from Primark they are too long so they will have to go back. I also got a pair of jeans but from a larger ladies store (IYKWIM). They fit very nicely, just a bit too much of me! So next week I will have to take them back and avoid any childrens clothes which are always tempting. Got work tomorrow, just an hour then off to get the horses shod. Weather forecast not brilliant so probably wont ride.
    L
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family