Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Quick! Grabbit while you can > It's Gone, but was it any good? > Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Phar... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!
Closed Thread
Views: 68,019
# 1
harryharp
Old 16-04-2008, 1:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

I wasn't sure whether or not to post this in 'Health and Beauty', but as it's such a great deal I thought it would be better to post it here where more people would see it. I think it qualifies as a 'Grabbit' anyway as it's a limited offer.

Last year, on another thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=469211), people were giving fantastic reviews about a device called a 'Medinose' for treating hayfever symptoms. At the time Lloyds Pharmacy were doing a special offer on their own version, an 'Allergy Reliever' for £14.99. The reviews for this one were equally as good as the Medinose one which retails at around £80 I think.

The offer is back, and all of Lloyds electrical items are reduced by a further 10% until 29th April, making it £13.49. As well as the Allergy Reliever, Lloyds are also selling an 'Ionising Air Purifier' (also excellent for people with allergies)- this normally retails at £19.99, but it's half-price at the moment, at £9.99, and with the 10% discount £8.99! So if you buy both products together, the total is £22.48.

There do seem to be some variations from store to store- for instance, in my local Ellesmere Port store the deal was buy both items and get £5 off, so I managed to get them for £19.99- hence my post heading. (When I first posted it I thought all stores would be the same, and I can't change the heading now. But I think it's still a good deal at £22.48!)

To find your nearest store, click here: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/portal/storelocator/

The offer is slightly confusing on the website. The products are shown at their full price initially, but when you add them to the basket by clicking 'purchase now', they show as £13.49 for the Allergy Reliever and £8.99 for the Air Purifier. Postage is £3.95 (but free when you spend £40), bringing the total for the 2 products to £26.43. Here is the website link: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/po...lbeing/allergy

Hope that's useful for all you hayfever sufferers.
Harpists do it in a heavenly way.....

Last edited by harryharp; 25-04-2008 at 4:59 PM.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to harryharp For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
mcallister1
Old 16-04-2008, 2:28 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Sounds great- I'd love to be off antihistamines and sprays. Thanks so much for posting this.
# 3
mightyj
Old 16-04-2008, 3:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

thank you for that just emailed DH since he's the one who's suffering from heyfever and have Lloyds nearby his office
# 4
Rusty!
Old 16-04-2008, 3:39 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Sounds like it's worth a go, would be nice to go through the summer without tablets and eye drops.
# 5
mrsv05
Old 16-04-2008, 3:49 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i bought one of these last year, however, im unable to give a thumbs up or down as i ended up not getting hayfever ! first time in many years. its on standby this year (assuming it works or im going to look silly!)
A happy wife, and mum to 2 lovely little boys
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsv05 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
topple
Old 16-04-2008, 4:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default I got a real medinose off ebay

I got a real medinose off ebay for £50. I read the reviews and it seemed to be worth extra for the proper product. It has changed my life.

I have checked and people are still selling it for about that price.
# 7
Justamum
Old 16-04-2008, 4:54 PM

I got one of the Lloyds ones for my DH last year and I can vouch for it working. It makes you look a bit like Rudolph when it's on, but it stops the sneezing. Quite amazing really.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

I don't use Twitter myself. I simply walk around with a mega-phone announcing at random intervals what I am doing.. I have three followers already. Though I suspect two of them may be policemen..
The Following User Says Thank You to Justamum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
harryharp
Old 16-04-2008, 4:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topple View Post
I got a real medinose off ebay for £50. I read the reviews and it seemed to be worth extra for the proper product. It has changed my life.

I have checked and people are still selling it for about that price.
Yes, I think you can get them for about that price from Amazon too. But the reviews I read said that the Lloyds Pharmacy ones are just as good?:confused:
# 9
topple
Old 16-04-2008, 4:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Interesting. I never trust these copy products. How can it be as good when they are charging so little for it. Must be made in China.......
# 10
lisyloo
Old 16-04-2008, 5:00 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
How can it be as good when they are charging so little for it.
Possibly because the original company had to bear the research and development costs.
# 11
topple
Old 16-04-2008, 5:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I understand that but if people didn't think the real medinose was better their sales would have gone through the floor. They would have had to reduce the price to remain competative.

I therefore deduce that the product must be superior.

You always get what you pay for.
# 12
harryharp
Old 16-04-2008, 5:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The Lloyds one is only £14.99 at the moment because it's a limited special offer- it's not their usual price. That's why I've posted it as a 'Grabbit'.
The Following User Says Thank You to harryharp For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
topple
Old 16-04-2008, 5:11 PM
MoneySaving Convert

They did it at that price last year all summer. Summer must account for 99.9% of sales.

It must cost them only about £7 to make. Can't be good.
# 14
lisyloo
Old 16-04-2008, 5:25 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
but if people didn't think the real medinose was better their sales would have gone through the floor.
I disagree.
You are a money saver.
You have the time and inclination to search out a bargain (and probably find it hard to understand those that don't).

There are plenty of other people who have neither the time nor the inclination to search out bargains or possible don't have a lloyds near them.
Imagine if you had a brand new baby or were caring 24 hours for an ill realtive.

Quote:
You always get what you pay for.
Poeple who have both the time and inclination can often get better deals by shopping round and using quidco etc.
I woulnd't agree that it's not possible to find the same quality item more cheaply as sometimes it is.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lisyloo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
harryharp
Old 16-04-2008, 5:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Topple- I've just looked at the other thread, and noticed that it was you that started it- so many thanks for the recommendation of this type of product, as I wouldn't have been aware of it otherwise.

But...what can I say? When you questioned whether or not the Lloyds one could be any good or not, it was followed by practically 3 pages of posts from people who had tried the Lloyds one and were recommending it!! So how can you say 'Can't be good'? Are all those people wrong then?!
# 16
cruella de vile
Old 16-04-2008, 5:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
They did it at that price last year all summer. Summer must account for 99.9% of sales.

It must cost them only about £7 to make. Can't be good.
Are you just a little bit peeved that you bought the expensive one? :confused:

Lots of people have given it a good recommendation on this thread.
# 17
harryharp
Old 16-04-2008, 5:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella de vile View Post
Are you just a little bit peeved that you bought the expensive one? :confused:
Yes, that thought did cross my mind...
# 18
topple
Old 16-04-2008, 5:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I agree I love a bargain but I am very suspicious when something that retails for £80 has a copy on sale for £15.

It just doesn't feel right.

My hayfever was so bad I didn't want to take the risk that it might not be as effective.

I guess people will have to make a choice but when you consider how much the various drugs cost, both are a cheap option.
The Following User Says Thank You to topple For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Justamum
Old 16-04-2008, 8:23 PM

Quote:
I agree I love a bargain but I am very suspicious when something that retails for £80 has a copy on sale for £15.

It just doesn't feel right.

My hayfever was so bad I didn't want to take the risk that it might not be as effective.

I guess people will have to make a choice but when you consider how much the various drugs cost, both are a cheap option.
I posted above about the Lloyds one. My DH suffers really badly from hayfever so I bought the Lloyds one for him. He was very sceptical about it but tried it and it really works well. It can stop a bad bout of hayfever quickly.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

I don't use Twitter myself. I simply walk around with a mega-phone announcing at random intervals what I am doing.. I have three followers already. Though I suspect two of them may be policemen..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justamum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
harryharp
Old 16-04-2008, 8:31 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justamum View Post
I posted above about the Lloyds one. My DH suffers really badly from hayfever so I bought the Lloyds one for him. He was very sceptical about it but tried it and it really works well. It can stop a bad bout of hayfever quickly.
Many thanks. I'm really glad I bought it now. My son is also very sceptical about it, and also about the ioniser...but we shall see!!
Closed Thread