Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

Replies

• Considering the red nose thing for DH who suffers hideously from hayfever.

Can anyone clarify what you do with it, well, I know you stick the probes up your nose, but how often do you have to do it and for how long? He has quite a long working day with an early start so not sure if he would be able to fit it in to his schedule if it has to be several times a day.
  • harryharpharryharp Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the red nose thing for DH who suffers hideously from hayfever.

Can anyone clarify what you do with it, well, I know you stick the probes up your nose, but how often do you have to do it and for how long? He has quite a long working day with an early start so not sure if he would be able to fit it in to his schedule if it has to be several times a day.
    You only have to do it 3 times a day for a few minutes each time. For my son, I'll get him to do it before he goes to school, when he gets home at 3.30, and then again before he goes to bed.
  • Is it better at regular intervals or would it be ok to do it at say 6.30am, 7pm and 9pm for example. That's the only way he could do it really as I can't see him being prepared to do it at work lol. Although I suppose he could tie it in with a long trip to the loo ;)

Would it fit in a pocket or is it more bulky than that?
  • Dumbledore55Dumbledore55 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the red nose thing for DH who suffers hideously from hayfever.

It's small enough to fit in your pocket. I too have a long day with an early start so have to take it to work. I hid in the toilet the first few times but to be honest its not offensive and after I ended up having to use it in front of someone I feel comfortable just getting on with it. I have stopped using it in the car in the dark though - thought it might cause a crash!!

After 35 years of suffering every summer I don't really care what I look like or whether I offend someone by using it in their presence, it works for me so I just get on with it. I often see diabetics testing their blood sugar levels so why not?
  • harryharpharryharp Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Is it better at regular intervals or would it be ok to do it at say 6.30am, 7pm and 9pm for example. That's the only way he could do it really as I can't see him being prepared to do it at work lol. Although I suppose he could tie it in with a long trip to the loo ;)

Would it fit in a pocket or is it more bulky than that?
    This is what the instructions say:

'The Lloydspharmacy Allergy Reliever can be used 3 to 4 times per day, allowing 5 to 6 hours between each treatment'.

As Dumbledore says, it is small enough to fit in your pocket, and you only have to use it for 3 minutes at a time.
  • Ok, thanks for that guys, will take a chance and give it a go. You never know, he may surprise me and be happy to sit on the train using it :rotfl:

Shame we don't have a Lloyds anywhere near us, but even at £17.44, if it works it will save us a small fortune in pills.

:money:
  • I bought the Medinose last year, but I was already in the throws of full-blown serious hayfever symptoms. I've always suffered really badly!
    I was expecting miracles, the Medinose did help a lot but didn't get rid of the symptoms completely. Am going to start using it early this year to help with prevention.
    I may be shy, but that doesn't make me an angel ;)
  • BeeUKBeeUK Forumite
    151 Posts
    Picked one of these up for SWMBO last year when it was on offer...she's is usually really bad with hayfever/allergies but was fine all summer. She's also a lot better around animals when she has used it regularly for a week or more.

If used regularly, it certainly seems to help!
  • SharraSharra Forumite
    751 Posts
    My worst hayfever symptoms are a sore throat and itchy eyes (and already in full swing thanks to all the oilseed rape round here). Does this device help with this? or is it more for 'nose symptoms' ?
  • JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to get one for my DS. It doesn't seem hygienic for him to use DH's one considering where they have to go! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides