Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

Comments

• I also suffer from hayfever and allergic rhinitis (allergy to alot of things!). Will this also help my other allergies, cats,grass,mites etc.

Cheers SW
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    smallwilly wrote: »
    I also suffer from hayfever and allergic rhinitis (allergy to alot of things!). Will this also help my other allergies, cats,grass,mites etc.

Cheers SW
    Here's the info from the Lloyds website on both the Allergy reliever and the ioniser: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/portal/products/medicalelectrical/healthandwellbeing/allergy
    It looks like the air purifier will do more towards helping those other allergies you mention.
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    anyone who has tried it, does it hurt?? the real medinose gets good review on amazon.

i would just like to say that THESE badboys are wicked better than any prescription eye drops ive had and im a bad sufferer :D

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• Pocoyo
    Pocoyo Posts: 601 Forumite
    Lloyds are able to sell things cheap because they get a company to sponser the product which is essentially then free advertising for them - therefore reducing the price to you.

(Lloyds employee here).
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    also just to say the original medinose on amazon is now down to £45

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I agree I love a bargain but I am very suspicious when something that retails for £80 has a copy on sale for £15.

I understand your concerns.
    However it's quite common that when things are first manufactured the first company carries all of the research and development costs and often manufactures on a small scale.
    Later on other companies can work out ways to manufacture more cheaply, perhaps in bulk or in cheaper countries.
    It's not uncommon e.g. mobile phones, dvd players have comes down in price greatly by being manufactured in China.
    Some of the very cheap ones e.g. "Yamada", do not have the same reliability issues.

In this case anecdotal evidence suggest it works just as well.
    Whether it breaks after a few years - we won't know for another few years but it may still be cheaper (and easier to afford) for some people.

As another example, the company that first developed the jet aircraft went out of business after a number of catastrophic failures through metal fatigue.
    The lassons learnt did not help that particular company but it benefitted the entire industry.
    Unfortunately the original comapny was tarred and never survived.

I think your concerns are valid but £14.99 may be more affordable for some people right now even if it doesn't last as long (and may still be cheaper than pills).
  • harryharp
    lisyloo wrote: »
    In this case anecdotal evidence suggest it works just as well.
    Whether it breaks after a few years - we won't know for another few years but it may still be cheaper (and easier to afford) for some people.
    Also important to remember that Lloyds Pharmacy is a big and reputable company, and I'm sure that if anyone does have any problems with their Allergy Relievers, that there wouldn't be an issue with an exchange or refund. The one I went to yesterday is affiliated to the hospital in Ellesmere Port, and they certainly seemed very helpful and nice when I went there.
  • mrsv05
    mrsv05 Posts: 823 Forumite
    i should have said in my earlier post that i also bought the ioniser and that was great, i had it by the window so it filtered the air on its way in and it was great. my husband gets hayfever too and only suffered while outside (he cant stand anything near his nose to trying out my lloyds allergy reliever was a no for him) so it really does work. i have two, one upstairs and one down.
    A happy wife, and mum to 2 lovely little boys :j
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    harryharp wrote: »
    I wasn't sure whether or not to post this in 'Health and Beauty', but as it's such a great deal I thought it would be better to post it here where more people would see it. I think it qualifies as a 'Grabbit' anyway as it's a limited offer.

Last year, on another thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=469211), people were giving fantastic reviews about a device called a 'Medinose' for treating hayfever symptoms. At the time Lloyds Pharmacy were doing a special offer on their own version, an 'Allergy Reliever' for £14.99. The reviews for this one were equally as good as the Medinose one which retails at around £80 I think.

Well, guess what, the offer is back, and it's even better this time. Lloyds are also selling an 'Ionising Air Purifier'- this alone normally retails at £20, but if you buy this and the Allergy Reliever together, you get both for £19.99!

It's an in-store offer only. Find your nearest one here: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/portal/storelocator/
    I phoned my nearest Lloyds this morning, which is in Ellesmere Port (by the hospital), on the off-chance to see if they had an Allergy Relievers for my son, and couldn't believe it when they told me they were on offer again! I asked them to keep one for me, but when I got there they had plenty on a display by the till. That's when I noticed the other offer with the ioniser. So I was one happy customer when I walked out!

If you don't manage to get an Allergy Reliever in-store, you can order one from their website for £29.99 (still much cheaper than the Medinose).

Hope that's useful for all you hayfever sufferers.

I would really like to buy these items but I've tried two branches of Lloyds Pharmacy in Hampshire and neither have heard of this offer. Did you find this offer advertised in the press?

Great offer, thanks.

Pj
  • harryharp
    pjran wrote: »
    I would really like to buy these items but I've tried two branches of Lloyds Pharmacy in Hampshire and neither have heard of this offer. Did you find this offer advertised in the press?

Great offer, thanks.

Pj
    No I didn't find it advertised in the press. I read about it in the other thread that was started last year, and just phoned my nearest Lloyds to see if they had any (not expecting it to be on offer again). But when I got there, there was a very clear, official looking display by the till, with both the Allergy Relievers and Ionisers on it, showing both the RRP and the offer price, and that if you bought both you'd get an extra £5 off.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find it in your nearest store. But I seem to remember last year that some people had trouble finding it as staff were not aware of the offer and it didn't seem to reach all stores at the same time. Maybe this is the case with yours- ie. that the offer hasn't started there yet?

Perhaps people who got it last year could shed some light on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure