Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sarah_elton
    Sponsor a Child - which charity is best?
    • 27th Feb 08, 11:33 AM
    Sponsor a Child - which charity is best? 27th Feb 08 at 11:33 AM
    Not really money saving as I want to give some away.

I'm looking at the various charities that do 'sponsor a child'.

Does anyone know which is best, or have any tips?

I'm looking at the amount of money that actually gets to the area in need (varies from 75-85p in each pound so far - smaller charities it seems to be more so I guess the big ones aren't run so efficiently).

Also, the ones that are Christian charities, are they forcing Christianity on the kids? I know a lot of poor areas are Christian anyway, but I'm not religious myself and I don't agree with views being imposed on anyone in that way.

I also know that regular donations to charities which then help lots of kids may be 'better', but it's a selfish thing of liking the idea of one individual beign helped. It's easier to picture.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

935Posts Today

6,371Users online

Martin's Twitter