Build your own shed - free plans please!

andrew-b
andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
First Anniversary

Comments

• Built my own shed about eight years ago, for the same reasons as you now have (the old one was sinking into the ground on its brick base). I was lucky enough to have a new base available from some machinery/equipment we received at work from the US. I built it myself and although putting the roof trusts required handling help from my wife, i did it all pretty much by myself.
    Tongue & Grooves horizontal timbers, Wickes standard double glazed window frame, Wickes corrugated bitumen panels (a GREAT product). and I made the double "horse box" door myself. PM me your Email address and I will send you some pictures, especially the roof part assembly. All in all, it was fun and relatively easy. We live in a relatively windy part of the North East and the shade is as strong as the day it was built.......(i think).
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Good afternoon: Had you considered http://www.florada.co.uk/ on the industrial estate on Margate Road behind B&Q? We bought one from them last year..easy to put up but you need to stain/paint the components yourself....several models on display outside factory. We investigated constructing a shed to our own design but material costs plus our time didn't make it feasible.

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • paddy's_mum
    paddy's_mum Posts: 3,977 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    You're not anyway near the timber littered south coast, are you?!!
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    andrew-b wrote: »
    Trying to decide what would be best to clad the shed in. Didn't realise just how expensive t&g shiplap is!

Andy

Good evening: That is why we went with the prefab from Florada;) Marine ply is pricey. :eek: Have you checked out Burbridge's on Pysons Rd. next to Focus? We buy all our timber there. The miserable git who worked in the yard as been 'retired' so the place is now more DIYer friendly

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Hi all,
    I'm new to the site. Just wanted to say I have several Shed plans & also some greenhouse plans (including a very nice Victorian greenhouse/conservatory) which I purchased from Ebay in the form of PDF files. If anyone is interested then feel free to send me a PM & I will send you them. :)
  • Excuse my ignorance but what is a PM?
  • Excuse my ignorance but what is a PM?

PM = Private message.

click on peoples user names and you have the option of sending one.
  • Hi guys

Does anybody have plans for a 6' x 6' Pent style shed, or plans for similar which could be easily adapted?
    Decided to take the plunge and build one as they are rare or expensive at this size.
    Any help much appreciated.
  • jazid
    jazid Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

I was just browsing on this very topic and found the following information that might be of use to you DIYers!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/home_improvement/1276536.html?page=1

BTW, just registered to MSE but have been an active user of HUKD for a while (dare I mention them!).

J.
  • Pipcola
    Pipcola Posts: 53 Forumite
    Hi

This may be of help

http://www.northerntooluk.com/products.asp?partno=18343E

You provide the timber these make the joints

Phil
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing