Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 177
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 14th Feb 18, 1:45 PM
    • 21,474 Posts
    • 10,337 Thanks
    lisyloo
    But why would anyone not want a bonus?
    Some people prefer a rate that's better over a longer period.
    For example my MIL is in a nursing home and has lost capacity (fortunately she usually passes eletronic checks). FIL (aged 89) is currently in hospital but didn't handle money for 60 years so doesn't pass eletronic checks. It's very difficult to provide ID as he doesn't have driving licence or passport. I've just done it but it was a real trial especially as I'm 100 miles away so can't make phone calls with him.

Often bonus accounts are dreadful after the bonus period. That's fine if you are able to switch but it's not always so easy for everyone.
    I would prefer to switch less often for them.
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 14th Feb 18, 2:03 PM
    • 21,474 Posts
    • 10,337 Thanks
    lisyloo
    After an absurdly elongated signing up process
    Why didn't you vote with your feet and go elsewhere when this became apparent early on?

If a company is diffcult in the inital enagement process when they are supposed to WANT you as a customer then it should be pretty obvious that they are going to be rubbish if there's a problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

852Posts Today

7,253Users online

Martin's Twitter