Major hassle with TalkTalk over 2yrs+

Options
Houtman
Houtman Posts: 54 Forumite
edited 9 February 2018 at 3:22PM in Broadband & internet access
Please could someone advise me on how a chronically ill individual on low Benefits, can get legal assistance against TalkTalk?
Since Sept`17,in spite of me phoning them many times,taking many hours of my stressed time,they have made no effort to reimburse and compensate me for incorrect,fabricated billing and an appalling Internet service for 22 months to that date(which they continued to bill me for...I wasn`t stupid enough to pay though).Without Internet or phone for up to a week at a time on many occasions.Open Leech visits galore over many months(neighbour with Sky had around a dozen or more too,but they compensated her very handsomely,so she`s still with them),other neighbours too.Old crumbly copper cables,two cabinets,4 km to the Exchange,while fibre sat in the ground for 5yrs!25m overhead cable replaced by the least smart of Open Leech team,leaving us without Internet&phone connection for a week....they didn`t bother to connect up when they`d finished!In the end I gave the last engineer instructions from an ex-BT engineer to follow for my neighbour`s issues.He duly did so,and then my engineer did the same for my connection.One day TalkTalk/Open Leech fielded two engineers to my property.
Open Leech continually found Internet capped to 1/2 meg,that`s when it was working...and often even lower.My neighbour had these issues also,they logged them on an app.
I`ve had a recent medical procedure on my mouth,that is healing very slowly, so phone talking not advisable,in fact it has reopened the old wound.Really stressed and fed up of dozens&dozens of hours going around in circles with the TalkTalk Durban and Philippine crowd,majority of calls I`ve recorded and gawd don`t they expose a web of deceit/lies/fabrication/avoidance/evasion/ignorance on their part.In the last call to TalkTalk,I have on my digital recorder,1hr 41 mins in total,paused to 1hr 09mins,so shows the hold time,Tues 30th Jan,call ended at 1pm,TalkTalk agreed to sort these issues..AGAIN...just as they had on all the other long-winded,handed from pillar-to-post,time-wasting,deliberate avoidance/evasion tactics calls they engage with.In that last call,I had to repeat the whole situation four times.Nobody rang back about these issues,just an answerphone message from an engineer waffling on about if my line was working ok!
I have only briefly covered the situation,it involves much more skulduggery and the recordings back my claims up.
22 months of very poor/low/intermittent or no Internet/phone issues.Had to quit uni work due to this.
Any ideas on how to sort this evil lot out would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them about getting legal assistance .
    Or find a lawyer that gives a free initial consultation .They will normally advise if you have a case or not .
    But be clear concise and to the point don't waffle just the facts .
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Houtman,

Sorry to hear about this situation - can you message over your details so we can look into this?

Thanks,

Mike
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Houtman
    Options
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi Houtman,

Sorry to hear about this situation - can you message over your details so we can look into this?

Thanks,

Mike

Wish I had a £ for every sorry issued by TalkTalk during my hell with them!
    Please go into your company`s records.I included in my draft above,the date/time of the previous lengthy call logged to your outfit,here it is again.The call duration was 1 hour 41 minutes and ended 1pm Tues 31st Jan.....so you can find it and listen(and hear!).You will have to sit through a total of 32 minutes distorted/worn-out incidental on-hold sound,within that 1hr41mins,this is normal for TalkTalk,I have dozens of similar recordings.You will note the issues outlined by myself to four members of your staff,as they employ TalkTalk`s time-wasting and evasion protocols.If you work for TalkTalk,you will be familiar with what I`m referring to.
    You can resolve(there`s nothing to "solve"),this situation on this wonderful site,so that others can view.I like things out in the open....don`t you?Besides,you`ve not provided any obvious contact details within your message.

Concise details to follow

Houtman
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi Houtman,

We'd really like to investigate this, we're happy to continue to discuss here but we'd have to take your account details in a more secure way, if you can message these over or contact my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk), we'll look straight into this for you. If you'd prefer to carry on speaking here afterwards, that's no problem, we'd just need some account details in order to locate your account.

Thanks,
    Becky
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Houtman
    Options
    Does one have to have a twitter account to do that?
    2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Houtman wrote: »
    Does one have to have a twitter account to do that?

Head of Complaints – CEO's Office, TalkTalk (CEO), PO Box 672, Salford, M5 0NG.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/phone/talktalk-complaints-contact-details-need-including-email-addresses/
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    After 22 months you should be out of contract. Why are you still with Talk Talk?
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Houtman
    edited 12 February 2018 at 2:35PM
    Options
    JJ Egan,thanks for your quick reply.I intend to use the CAB as soon as I`m fit enough to talk with them.I have found them to be mainly very helpful in the past,in fact they provided me with ruling information that is withheld from the hoi polloi,a real eye-opener.
    Yes I`m concise when it matters,and long-winded when it`s called for.
    My one previous experience with free solicitor consultation was a waste of time,but will consider trying them again when fit to do so.

2010.Thanks very much indeed for those important links.The only address I had was for Southampton.
    Looking at that pic,butter wouldn`t melt eh....does she know what a dodgy business she presides over?!

Onomatopoeia99.Yeah,correct.Started out as an 18 month contract,mysteriously morphed into a 24 month one.During one of my many calls to them in trying to resolve the compensation issue(I have that recorded too),they hadn`t realised that the un-requested extension to 24 months had expired at the end of Oct.Now it`s headed well beyond that,but I did complain to have it reinstated twice recently,when they put a bar on it,as I would have been left in the remote countryside without phone or Internet and at risk from health issues.It took a lot of stress,time and energy to get the bar lifted and phone and Internet on again,but I missed appointments and was without food and meds for two days,unable to call my carer.
    I think that the extension beyond two years,from 31st Oct to now,may be their way of trying to accrue brownie points to try and gloss over the appalling service up until 20th Sept,just as they added false billing to load that up to give them some leeway with offering a "goodwill gesture" paltry sum,which I rightly refused.A total insult,incorrect terminology,no accountability admitted,no errors retracted,no formal admission of guilt,no compensation,just lies and avoidance/evasion tactics on their part.

I think TalkTalk need to be taught what a goodwill gesture actually is....and what accountability and responsibility are.

Too ill yesterday,pain,vision loss etc, to do any emailing,same this morning.Need a rest now.Then I need to work out what the hell to do next.

Thanks for the input folks,I used to help people with this sort of malarkey when I was fit,but now i struggle with my own affairs,haha.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I would suggest you make a subject access request to get all the data they hold on you. It costs £10, but given the amount of disputed information it seems like it would be beneficial. Details at the link below:

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/access-information-we-hold-you
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi Houtman,

You would need a Twitter account to contact us there, or if you Facebook Message in and ask for Mike (or Becky) we can pick this up there. We really want to get this sorted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure