PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They were probably spending at least their lunchtimes swarming the post office and the sandwich shops when working people are trying to get their lunch/do their messages!

And they spent their weekends in the supermarket!!

Haha, The joys of being old - Spending all your time p***ing off younger generations!

Well hopefully they get a move on as I really want to be in middle of October at the latest. I don't see that there is so much more legal work to do - However I could be wrong.
  • Jaglad111
    Options
    After a long month can finally join.

14/8 - Full mortgage app in

1/9 - Mortgage offer

4/9 - Solicitor instructed, all doc's sent and initial search fee paid

Mortgage offer expires 30/11 so fingers crossed they pull their fingers out and have a go!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    02346631 wrote: »
    I've got the boxes and bubble wrap etc. I don't want to start though until I know it's happening haha.

I am the same. Nothing more depressing than having to unpack again if it falls through. I am doing nothing until dates are mentioned and exchange imminent.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Lurkingtoposting17
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that LTP. Something better will come along (well it sounds like it couldn't be much worse).

Pity it didn't happen sooner, we could have sold you our holiday cheap. Due to the vendor's timescales we've had to cancel our holiday to Greece. Got £180 back from an £1800 booking (sob sob).

I've never heard of completion insurance, how does that work?

Oh I would have happily paid you for your holiday! So sorry you are missing it!
    Insurance is no completion, no fee through my solicitor. Cost me £85 but that and searches is all I will pay for rather than paying over a grand. So at least that's something.

Sadly, I was getting a 5x salary mortgage on 10% deposit. There was only one lender I could find who would offer me that, and they have withdrew it since I first offered in May. So I now can only get 4.75 x salary at 10%.

Though I have a little more, I have effectively been priced out of the area where I live until I save another £10-20k. I think I am going to take a rest, a holiday and see what the property market does as things are still selling where I live, but very little coming on the market.

I live with my parents so its not tragic in many ways, but I am getting older and really wanted my own space and am getting too old to be at home, but loathed to "waste" money renting if I can avoid it.

Good luck everyone else on your pending exchanges. I'll be routing for you all x:T
  • eittolder
    Options
    The more I read these threads the more I hate the house selling process in England, so many people seem to be left out of pocket and incredibly stressed with what appears should be a very straightforward process in many ways.

I'm waiting for my sellers to get the local search back on the property they are buying, same local authority as the property I'm buying from them and my search was back 2 weeks ago, even though submitted at the same time supposedly. I'm hoping it just wasn't submitted till later and that the delay isn't because of an issue.

Offered on 14th June and really hoping to be complete before the end of September.

Good luck everyone
  • Pulpstar
    Pulpstar Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2017 at 11:32AM
    Options
    Pulpstar wrote: »
    Lets see...

Sale verbally agreed 28-07
    Onward purchase price agreed 31-07
    Sale memo formalised 09-08
    DIP mortgage (For purchase) applied for 09-08
    DIP Accepted (With plenty of headroom...) 10-08
    My property surveyed/valued (Whatever our FTB lender required I guess) 15-08 or so (Forgot exact date). No queries raised to my solicitor from this.

Still awaiting full mortgage approval for the moment - building society has asked me what the "Deductions..." are for on my wageslip - (Tax, NIC, student loan, 7.5% pension salary exchange).
    Well that's money to keep the country running, money that in theory is my future state pension but in practice is simply national current spend, that's money to pay off my past self's debt & that is money for my future self :rotfl:

5/9/17 My mortgage approved.
    6/9/17 Buyer has told the EA they have their mortgage in place, but other ends of the chain's solicitors not out of first gear yet seemingly :o. Onward purchase memorandum of sale resent to my solicitor...
    Ordering a full building survey, which should take place next wednesday.
  • henrypootle
    Options
    Joining you all buying a repossession so have 28 days to get everything done!!

So far:

Offer accepted Tues 29/09/17
    Mortgage application completed Wed 30/09/17

Popping in to solicitor today with ID, purchase questionnaire and payment for searches
    Survey / valuation booked for 12/10/17

Want to get excited but soooo nervous about it all going wrong...

Using a financial advisor who has experience of this so he can do the chasing up of the mortgage side of things

Email received from the Solicitors today to say paperwork received from sellers solicitor, searches have been requested and the official 28 day deadline is 3rd October.
    Haven't heard anything recently from Financial advisor so presume everything is okay with that.

Just shows how quick these things can be done!

Feeling a little more excited but in a nervous way. Every day that passes is another day that another offer hasn't been made!
    Going to see the property on Saturday and going to start planning what to do with it.
    Henry Pootle (aka Piglet) :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Email received from the Solicitors today to say paperwork received from sellers solicitor, searches have been requested and the official 28 day deadline is 3rd October.
    Haven't heard anything recently from Financial advisor so presume everything is okay with that.

QUOTE]

Our searches (completed), mortgage offer from bank and paperwork from sellers solicitor were received yesterday and our conveyancer still says 6 weeks - How are you getting it done so quick?
  • nikongirl
    Options
    I'm STILL waiting for the survey to come back. It was done on 28th August and both myself and the estate agent have been chasing the surveyor for weeks. He's given me two 'final' deadlines, both of which have passed. He has at least offered a reduction in the fee but this is getting ridiculous.
  • Moriath
    Options
    Got a offer and accepted on our house at the beginning of August. Offered and accepted on house to buy same day. Soliciters instructed same day. Survey done. Moving into a empty house. Ftbers buying ours. Why should it take so long there must be better ways to organise the housing market in the internet age.

Had mortgage offer. Just piddling about with questions that the conveyancers are bouncing to each other to justify their money i think.

Just sit and wait and answer questions as they are sent. Its amazing how powerless this process makes you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback