Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emilyrob
    • By Emilyrob 5th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Emilyrob
    Barclays bank £2994 error
    • 5th Jul 17, 5:20 PM
    Barclays bank £2994 error 5th Jul 17 at 5:20 PM
    On 21/06/2017 an amount of £2994 was paid into my barclays current account. I went to the bank straight away where I was advised to keep the money in my savings for the mean time because It couldn't been seen where the money came from because there was no account information. Since heating nothing I overall spent £450 leaving £2550 in my Barclays savings account. The money was removed today by barclays because of an aparant mispayment by another barclays customer. Barclays transfered it from my savings and into the current account where they then took the full amount. However because I had spent £450 they took that £450 from an unplanned overdraft which I'm going to be charged for, although the bank told me previously that it wasn't a mispayment because there's no account details attached to the payment.
    Is this right that the bank can just do this to my account without permission?? Especially after saying it can't of been a mispayment from and individual??

I have an appointment to speak to someone else tomorrow after speaking to the branch manager today because he has said he doesn't know how this could have happen so all advice appreciated thanks
Page 2
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th Jul 17, 12:40 AM
    • 3,089 Posts
    • 2,053 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Presumably this is a continuation of this thread.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Jul 17, 8:23 AM
    • 17,336 Posts
    • 11,519 Thanks
    molerat
    Most banks Ts&Cs allow them to recover erroneous payments without notice.
    Originally posted by GingerFurball
    I assume, in this particular case, that it was the bank that made the error rather than the customer.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,016Posts Today

9,619Users online

Martin's Twitter